Just posted this up on a football forum i am part of, thought i would share this with you lot as well

First of all i think this is shocking that there is a game getting played tonight, fair enough it will be Burley's first game but there is an Old Firm game this Saturday which is of great importance.

Five regular Rangers players are not in the squad, four of them pulled out Ferguson ( Scotland Captain ), McGregor, Dailly and McCulloch. David Weir was left out the team by Burley to give him a rest due to his age and how many games he has played for Rangers this season. One Celtic player has pulled out which is Barry Robson. Another two call offs have been the magician McFadden and the back up player of Stephen Pearson.

This leaves Scotland short of 7 players. I think it's good to see that the Rangers players have been told to pull out , as i am a Rangers fan, i don't wan't any the players running the risk of injury to such an important game coming up. Only Rangers player left in the team is Kris Boyd. Celtic have 4 players in the team, which are Mcmanus ( who will be captain tonight ), Hartley, Brown and Caldwell. Lets say Brown and McManus get injured tonight, Celtic fans will go into meltdown that they were playing.

This game should never have been arranged, especially when the SFA knew there was an Old Firm game happening the following Saturday. They could of had one of the meet up things they normally have at their training camp, SFA got this one totally wrong.

Anyway enough of that, another farse has been the tickets for this game. Go on have a guess how much a friendly will be to watch Scotland ................................................................�£25 for a friendly, its a joke, last week i went to Hampden for the League Cup Final, that cost me �£24, �£24 for a cup final, �£25 for a meaning less friendly, makes no sense at all. Why doesn't the SFA reward the loyal Scotland fans that followed them in the Euro qualification, Hampden was full every game. Reports are saying that Hampden will be only at the most half full, what would Burley rather see on his first game in charge, Scotland flgs flying around the whole stadium, or red and blue empty seats. Obviously he would rather see the stadium full with flags everywhere, Scotland fans singing , SFA have got this one totally wrong again with the pricing of tickets. Will be a proud moment for Burley tonight, but seeing the stadium half full, lets all agree, it's not a pretty sight.

Yes i still bought a ticket for tonights game, was stupid enough but thankfully i have managed to get rid of it. For one costing me �£25 , plus to get me to/ back from the game and something to eat etc etc, looking at least me spending �£40 for a friendly. For me that is alot of money, especially with alot of important Rangers games coming up i will give this one a miss and watch it on the tv. Also only 1 Rangers player in the team, will be paying to watch Celtic really with a few Premiership players

I got �£20 for it which was good a suppose

Anyway with all that done with , looking forward to the game. Will be intresting to see what lineup/formation George Burley plays in his first game in charge for Scotland. I would like to see him go 4-4-2.

In goals will be the 9 million man of Craig Gordon. I haven't seen much of him at Sunderland this season, as much as i seen him at Hearts. Apparantly he has had a few dodgy games, he hasn't done anything wrong for Scotland though. Allan McGregor the Rangers goalkeeper has been having a magnificant season, was pushing Gordon all the way for tonights game to be in between the sticks, but thankfully for Gordon, McGregor has pulled out the squad.

At right back will be another 9 million man ( Scotland has got some great talent ) of Allan Hutton. He has only broke into the Scotland team this season, ut has rightly made that positiong his own, he will probably have that position for his own for the next 10 years. I haven't seen him play much since he left Rangers to join Tottenham, but he must be alright down south if Tottenham are winning , especially winning cups.

We definetly know that McManus will be playing at centre back, he will be captain tonight due to Barry Ferguson's absence. McManus is also the Celtic captain and will take huge pride by leading Scotland out tonight. Yes he is a Celtic player but i think he is a good player and a decent proffesional. The question is though who will partner him at the heart of defence. Christophe Berra the Hearts captain has been called up and could be giving his first cap, while the Sunderland centre back Russell Anderson has been called up as well. Or will Burley play Gary Caldwell, both McManus and Caldwell play at theback together for Celtic, but they can be a liabilty at times. I would throw in Christophe Berra to see how he gets on.

George Burley has called upon somebody to make the left back position their own, as we don't have alot of good left backs. The man who has been doing the job for us is Gary Naysmith, he has done a good enough job but we need someone better. James McEveley might fill in at left back tonight, played a few times for Scotland, maybe he could be the player who can hold down that position on his own.

Midfield looks fairly simple to pick from since the amount of call offs we have had, with Darren Fletcher being called up after re covering from injury and Gavin Rae the ex Rangers and Dundee midfielder now playing at Cardiff has also been called up. Although Gavin probably won't play, he will probably be starting on the bench.

I think the midfield will be made up of Celtic duo Hartley and Brown, along with Darren Fletcher, with probably Gary Teale ( hope not ) or Shaun Maloney

Up front will be intresting. Kris Boyd the only Rangers player in the team is a favourite to start up front. Kenny Miller the Derby striker might play up front along side him. Although all the talk has been about Steven Fletcher getting his first call up. The Hibs youngster has been impressing everyone this season, there has also been talk about Real Madrid wanting him. Would be great to see him start up front tonight to see how he would get on in the big stage.

So i think the team will look something like this

____________Gordon_____________

Hutton___McManus___Berra___McEveley

Brown___Hartley____Fletcher__Maloney

__________Boyd____Fletcher______

Although i can see Caldwell playing instead of Berra and Miller ahead of Fletcher

I can see Scotland getting beat tonight of a quality team in Croatia, will be good if we got a draw and great if we managed to get a win. Don't see it happening though with many important players missing

3-1 Croatia i think

Who have you got helping you with your homework these days Fraser? :moon: ;)

Firstly your spot on about ticket prices. The SFA should have rewarded those who had briefs from certain matches a huge discount for this match along with u16s. Dont they realise it would be better for the them and the team to have say 45,000 tickets at 15 quid rather than 20,000 at 25 quid!! Stupid!

Plus the timing is shocking for a few reasons 1) the OF derby (the OF had a game cancelled in November to assist the national team so it should have been the nationals teams shot to assist the OF), 2) Rangers are and Celtic could have been playing in europe. 3) Its the new managers first game and this should have been a well timed occasion to get a full crowd with a full squad but now with so many pull outs it takes some shine off Burleys team.

Next, Why are the SFA assisting Croatia ahead of there own teams. Croatia need this game for Euro 08 but Rangers (and Celtic if they were still in Europe) dont need this game due to there heavy schedule which is already a disaster due to some poor organisation.

Onto the game and Frasers team wont be far away, id say about 7 or 8 of them are correct. I see a 1-1 draw depending on how much the Croatians are up for it - they could easy come to hampden and give us a wee beating like they did to England.

Who have you got helping you with your homework these days Fraser? :moon: ;)

Firstly your spot on about ticket prices. The SFA should have rewarded those who had briefs from certain matches a huge discount for this match along with u16s. Dont they realise it would be better for the them and the team to have say 45,000 tickets at 15 quid rather than 20,000 at 25 quid!! Stupid!

Plus the timing is shocking for a few reasons 1) the OF derby (the OF had a game cancelled in November to assist the national team so it should have been the nationals teams shot to assist the OF), 2) Rangers are and Celtic could have been playing in europe. 3) Its the new managers first game and this should have been a well timed occasion to get a full crowd with a full squad but now with so many pull outs it takes some shine off Burleys team.

Next, Why are the SFA assisting Croatia ahead of there own teams. Croatia need this game for Euro 08 but Rangers (and Celtic if they were still in Europe) dont need this game due to there heavy schedule which is already a disaster due to some poor organisation.

Onto the game and Frasers team wont be far away, id say about 7 or 8 of them are correct. I see a 1-1 draw depending on how much the Croatians are up for it - they could easy come to hampden and give us a wee beating like they did to England.

Someone must have read it then. Thoughts ??? Thought i done pretty good and proved my worth again ;)

Someone must have read it then. Thoughts ??? Thought i done pretty good and proved my worth again ;)

Aye, a fine job young man! Just remember have your homework and revision done first!!! If you pass your highers in 5th yr then you dont have to worry about resitting them in 6th and 6th yr then becomes a doddle and a great year.