So as an Arsenal fan who I presume watched the game, was the tackle protective? (different to malicious)

Protective as in Diaby protecting himself? If that's the case then no, I don't think it was a protective tackle. A fair 50/50 would've been enough and no harm done to either player.

Protective as in Diaby protecting himself? If that's the case then no, I don't think it was a protective tackle. A fair 50/50 would've been enough and no harm done to either player.

Thank you finally!

In the interview Wenger says it was not malicious but more of a protective tackle! That is my gripe against Wenger (at times, I do think he is a great manager)

Please someone explain this to the rest of the Gooners here...

Wenger is a great manager but i don't think your questioning that!! Protecting his players in the media is good i guess, but i'm with jon it gets very annoying when he goes on and on about the injustices to his players while not conseding his players are wrong sometimes!!

Wenger is a great manager but i don't think your questioning that!! Protecting his players in the media is good i guess, but i'm with jon it gets very annoying when he goes on and on about the injustices to his players while not conseding his players are wrong sometimes!!

WOW thank you !!!

Your the only person to see this so far.....

He probably had a right go at Diaby behind closed doors for his stupidty. In the public eye, of course he'll back him, every manager would defend their own players.

Yeah they do, and they should do!! I think the problem only arises because he is so quick to point out refs and other players/teams mistakes but not his own/his players!!