You hit the nail on the head Gribz - any manager worth their salt will NEVER criticise their own players in public, it isn't good for morale - but the chances are that Diaby loses wages over his tackle (I still havent seen it).

Yip exactly. Look how much of a plank Paul Jewell looks by saying his side are an embarrassment in public. He took over knowing what he had to work with and knew they would go back down - he lacks class by saying these stuff in public.

If you want to be successful, you have to have a winning mentality. Imagine how crap the Derby players would have felt at home sitting with there families while there boss is on TV saying they are rubbish. Whereas the Arsenal lads will get confidence knowing their manager is defending them to the media despite giving them a talking too in training.

As i said, its likely to be a tactic by Wenger but a very good one.

For Craig

Bolton v Arsenal highlights

The sending off is after the 1st Bolton goal.

Cheers Gav.

Couple of things :

1. Definite sending off

2. The only differnce between that tackle and Taylor's is that Eduardo had his foot planted. Had Stelios (was it him that was tackled ?) had his foot planted he could have been looking at a broken leg too.

3. I don't understand the tackle - Stelios had the ball on his right foot and for some unknown reason Diaby tackled Stelios' left foot - bit strange. He wasn't tackling the area the ball was in

4. I felt that Diaby's tackle was lower than the Taylor tackle, by quite some distance too.

Other points to note :

1. Bolton's first was a good goal and highlights just how you can be punished if you have a good ball in from wide.

2. The finish from Gallas for Arsena;'s first would have been a strike that a forward would have been happy with - great finish. Arsenal got the better end of the deal in the Ashley Cole/Gallas deal !

3. The build up play by Arsenal for the second goal (to get the pen) was sublime ! The inter-play was amazing to watch.

4. The play pre the third goal was great too - a great through ball to set it up.

5. The third goal though showed just why Bolton will go down - the ball played pinball off TWO of their players and ended up in the net. No luck=relegation !

Im still annoyed with Arsenal though, they should be at least level on points with Man Utd at the moment. Imagine how good that game between them would have been had it been closer.

Hopefully there is a twist this weekend when Man Utd go to the Riverside. Boro are a weird team, they seem to be improving as a side but then they collapse for a game or 2. I used to not be able to stand Southgate but he has grown on me this past few months. He conducts himself very well but after Chris Burke he is the next man in football that needs a haircut.