Champions League Quarter Finals

Firstly the football chicks earlier in this thread are tidy and id nail them :thup:

Next, Arsenal were robbed of a clear penalty - the ref was 5 yards behind it!!

But they also had 3 or 4 other chance to win it but yet again couldnt score the easy goals.

For the first 25 mins the were going to give Liverpool a lashing but when they got it back to 1-1 it took the sting out of Arsenals tail.

I think the away goal is the first id abolish if I was chief of FIFA, its the most unfair rule ever - how can a team go out of a competition with a draw!! At least you win on penalites. There can be far more reasons why a team cant score at home compared to the other - weather for EG.

Its only advantage Liverpool until Arsenal take the lead at Anfield :)

I hope the Goons batter them on Saturday aswell.

Kuyt is utter gash!

Aye Criag, Benitez came out with a belter of a statement regarding the penalty incident. No wonder he wears glasses. He should go back and get them re-tested for stronger lenses.

Kuyt is utter gash!

Aye Criag, Benitez came out with a belter of a statement regarding the penalty incident. No wonder he wears glasses. He should go back and get them re-tested for stronger lenses.

Come on Gav, don't be silly - Benitez isn't biased towards his own team, it is only Wenger that is like that, right Jon ? :rolleyes:

You have to laugh at the hypocrisy though of some people (aye, you Jon...) trying to defend the statement from Benitez when, had that been Wenger, he would have been a :wanker: for the exact same statement......

It does happen in England, happens in most places.

I do think Benitez was wrong, but he said it was not clear.....not that it wasnt a penalty ;)

How much clearer does he want it? Unless the defender pulls a gun and shoots the attacker in the face, then the defender gets the benefit of the doubt!!

Ive already said that Benitez was wrong and it was a definitel penalty. From the statement you posted Craig, Benitez said in England they are sometimes not given as it was not clear.

I cant stand Benitez to be honest....

Ive already said that Benitez was wrong and it was a definitel penalty. From the statement you posted Craig, Benitez said in England they are sometimes not given as it was not clear.

I cant stand Benitez to be honest....

Do you like ANY manager Jon ? :fish:

I think the point is.... Wenger really does come away with stuff that makes you scratch your head in bewilderment - but so do MOST other managers, Benitez being the latest last night.

SAF does it frequently too.

I haven't seen the incident but both goals last night were poor from a defensive perspective.

Arsenal will struggle as long as they need to play Senderos at the back....

Senderos was actually quite steady last night I thought.

I like Mourinho and Smith. Few others make me laugh. Wenger just takes whinging to a whole new level though ;) Dislike Benitez more for his tactics than comments although at times he is 'nearly' as bad as Wenger.

Rumoured on SSN last night that Mourinho will be in charge at Inter next season (Inter are denying it), would love to see him bossing Liverpool, although not sure if there was a clause he couldn't goto another EPL club this season OR for his next position.

I like the managers who have a bit of humour, Redknapp I really like, Keegans pretty honest an if they were crap or just not good enough he tends to say so.

SAF has just mastered the art altogether....