Points to win the league

I'm not counting my chickens. I'm asking mathmatically how many?

9 games remaining, correct?

The tims are confident they'll win the two OF's, correct? :devil:

6 points clear. but with a game in hand. Assuming the tim's win all their remaining games as they say they will they will have another 24 right? (8x3)

That would need us to get 6 wins and a draw from a remaining 7 to seal it by a point right?

Easy when you're on a run of 13 straight league victories! :cheers:

Correct.

Even easier to look at it is that if we have a game in hand then all we need to do is garner a point in that game in hand and then match them point for point thereafter.

If they win the two OF games we are even, but we still have a game in hand. A point in that game in hand wins us the title as long as we match them point for point in every other game

It will be over in less than that. Motherwell will take a draw off them at Fir Park and we wont lose both matches at Parkhead. In fact I dont think we will lose one there.

But we have to be lucky with injuries with the amount of games coming up again.

I don't understand teh *******s confidence about the OF games?

Take a point in 1 and we need 6 wins from the remaining 8.

But that's worst case scenario as I see it. Because they wont win all their remaining games and ithink we could take more than 1 point from 6 on offer at the piggery.

I would agree with craig, I dont think we should fear going 'there' if the sheep shaggers can win there then thats bloody saying something!? I reckon we will get atleast 3 ponts if not all 6. I reckon that the dundee utd game could be a banana skin tho...

I think it will be 2pts. There desperation and home advantage may stop us winning but we'll still be able to defend well and stop them scoring.

I think Strachan will be far more defensive as he won't want to lose five times in a row, which will stop us scoring.

We won't want to lose either so I can see a couple of boring stalemates with two teams playing 4-5-1.

But I'd bite your hand off if you offered that now.

I'm more concerned about Sundays trip to Dundee. It's been a real bogey ground for us over the years and I was there earlier in the season when they beat us 2-1. I am confident if we can take 3 points on Sunday they will drop points elsewhere and the league could be over before we even play the last game at the scumdome

I think it will be 2pts. There desperation and home advantage may stop us winning but we'll still be able to defend well and stop them scoring.

I think Strachan will be far more defensive as he won't want to lose five times in a row, which will stop us scoring.

We won't want to lose either so I can see a couple of boring stalemates with two teams playing 4-5-1.

But I'd bite your hand off if you offered that now.

If Strachan went defensive in a bid to not lose rather than win I think it might play directly into our hands. Walter exposed the tactical inflexibility of Strachan and his players but nullifying his Plan A, i.e. doubling up on McGeady to stop crosses into the box. Strachan then showed that his plan B was to lump high balls into Weir and Cuellar which is meat and drink given that we had Dailly in there protecting them.

Strachan has to try something different I agree but his players dont appear to have the ability to play differently so what chance has Plan C got? Defensively they are shaky with Caldwell and McManus hardly inspiring confidence. In the midfield they dont have any leadership and, although Hartley appears to be in good form in the holding role, they have very few options unless you count Donati and Sno.

Up front - Mcdonald appears to have lost his edge, Jim Vinegar of Castlemilk is a donkey, Samaras has done OK I guess. He's scored a couple of decent goals but the majority of them appear to come from cross balls which brings us back to Strachan's Plan A. If you stop McGeady from playing dangerous balls into the box then they lack a cutting edge. Nakamura is a passenger unless there's a free kick to be taken and taking all of this into account, it's easy to see why our East End friends are getting their knickers into an almighty twist at the moment.