WALTER SMITH has revealed that tomorow's UEFA Cup clash with Sporting comes too soon for Daniel Cousin.

However, the former Lens striker has been earmarked to play in the second leg of the quarter-final tie in the Jose Alvalade Stadium next week.

Cousin fractured his jaw against BremenCousin suffered a fractured jaw in the first leg of the last round when he was hit by Bremen defender Per Mertesacker havind destroyed the Germans by scoring the first goal and instigating the second.

He is back in full training, but only at non-contact level due to the nature of his injury and Rangers have to be careful with him.

Boss Walter Smith said: "Daniel is not quite ready to play for us, either tomrorow night or on Sunday at Tannadice but he could be ready for the away leg in Lisbon next week.

"He is fit enough but he is only doing non-contact training at the moment and it is too soon for him."

The big striker is still angry that Mertesacker's rashness has cost him his place in the side.

He told rangers.co.uk: "It was great to see the team hold on in Bremen and I was really happy to have played my part in getting us to the last eight.

"At the same time, I was disappointed not to be involved in Germany because their player had broken my jaw without even being booked.

"Because of him, I have been out for a few weeks and that has been frustrating."

As mentioned earlier this week, Kevin Thomson, Steve Davis and Brahim Hemdani will all be fit to play tomorrow night. Charlie Adam is suspended after receiving his third yellow card in Europe in Bremen.