exactly gisabeer, the fans who where at ibrox and the armchair fan (me) watched as we saw our players look done in but smith makes one sub? you go guys like naismith who can run with the ball, boyd who can score goals is stuck on the bench to rot while we have to sit and watch 4-5-1 defensive formation while to be honest we should be going for there throats AT HOME.

I think though that the problem WS has is a product of the success he has seen. We all are quite happy with the position we are in from a perspective of challenging. However, many of us are disappointed in the performances.

Where WS' problem comes from is - because we are challenging on all four fronts he now probably feels the need to play his strongest team, and because he hasn't used the fringe players before now he most likely feels he cant throw them in at the business end of the season, rightly or wrongly.

I can appreciate the position he finds himself in, we are in a position of strength in the league so it is difficult to change the team when you have used the same players throughout the campaign. I actually think that much of WS' selection of his best 11 stems from Tynecastle earlier in the season when he rested BF and we got soundly pumped. From then he has picked what he thinks is his best 11, regardless of form.

Had we been sitting in 2nd place and not challenging for the league, and had we been out of the UEFA I could see him playing more fringe players and tinkering with his team and line up.

It is very difficult to tinker with your team when you still are challenging for FOUR trophies.

On top of that..... I am convinced he has more than just a glance on winning the domestic TREBLE this year - he won't want to jeopardise that by tinkering with the team.

Walter should remember that folk paid 40 quid to go and watch the drivel on show on thursday.

Yes, maybe they should have spent it on a theatre ticket where there is a script and predetermined outcome, with no-one trying to stop any of the actors playing well. I'm sure they'd have been well entertained.

Perhaps some of them would prefer to support a team like Celtic who attack naively and lose 5-0 before gloriously winning 4-0 at home? Perhaps that's not drivel.

However, I always thought people who understand football, realise it's a competition and that both teams are striving for a result at the expense of the other. Entertainment is a by product and sometimes a luxury.

If entertainment is more important than a result then perhaps they should choose to watch the most entertaining games on the box, after they've been played, instead of being the fan of a team.

I also think you're a bit of an idiot if you go to a highly competive quarter final game in Europe and expect a highly entertaining game - especially if you have watched Rangers before this season.

We know what the product tastes like, so you can't exactly pay a lot of money for it and then complain about the flavour.

I thought we got a credible result for our first quarterfinal for 15 years. It was the best home result in this stage of the competition and we still have a reasonable chance of making it to the semi. How many would have taken a 0-0 draw in the first leg of the UEFA cup quarterfinal, at the beginning of the season?

It might have been drivel, but it was pretty effective drivel, DISPITE it being obvious that the team were not able to play to their usual standards. All the best players and teams have ups and downs in form, but it says a huge amount about the present Rangers team that they can play poorly and still not damage their chances.

We played a decent side that got to the final a couple of years ago. We have no right to expect any better at this stage of Walter's tenure.

Is it not ironic that one of our most popular songs is all about desperate defending and not attacking at all - Derry's Walls?

Another is about following your team regardless...

We also sing praises of the Queen who could be said to be doing an effective job but certainly lacks entertainment value.

Anyway, if football was about entertainment, how come none of us are appreciative when Celtic play free flowing, highly entertaining football?

Football is not about a "product", it's about competing.

If we have a product, it's a very clever one. We don't have the money for the top components or ingredients, so instead we find another way to make the product effective on a tight budget. So what if it lacks a few embellishments? Maybe we need to give the product time to develop.

Can't decide what I enjoyed more. Calscot's first post or his second.

The longer I watch football, the lonegr I wish I grew up watching football about 20-30 years earlier than I did. When football and being a Rnagers fan was about what the club achieved and now how pretty we looked while we were doing it.

Calscot, Cammy and myself seem to be only a few who appreciate it this. And by rights I should be one of the greeting-faced customers of the sky-era who just wants to be "entertained". (Sorry Calscot if I assume you are older than you are.)

I've said it again, a dour 1-0 jammie victory under Smith leaves me far happier and over the course "entertained", than the free flowing, passing, crap results that the likes of Le Guen acheived.

Results come before performance everytime. When you've got teh first part down, you can look at the second.