Are Fiorintina so good.

All the football pundits seem to be giving us no chance against a mighty Italian team but i would like to put another light on our Euro tie. We have beaten Giants as Lyon, Werder Bremen, Stuttgart and Sporting Lisbon. Add to that a draw against Barcelona then we have had a decent run in Europe this year.

Our so called mighty opponents had a penalty shoot out win against FC Groningen a sub-top Dutch team in the preliminary round of the Uefa cup. Then went on to beat the mighty Elfsborg and Mlad�¡ Boleslav while drawing against AEK and Villareal in the group stages.

They then went on to beat Rosenborg a team that has done well in the past but recently have not done much in Europe.

This is where they seem to have gained more credit by beating Everton, again on penalties and PSV. To put this in to context Everton are a team punching above their weight in the EPL and PSV while on course to win the Dutch league have in fact been open to defeat from all sectors in the Dutch compitition.

So much so that our ex-assistant manager Jan Wouters handed over the reigns to Sef Vergoossen who steadied the ship with negative football but his team has since dropped so many points that they must now win their last game to win the league.

I don't want to put us into a favourite role but i really feel that we have beaten better opponents as Fiorintina and our chances are better than the media are giving us credit for.

I fancy us to give any team a game at Ibrox. Fiorentina arent anymore special than Bremen or Lyon but they are a different footballing team. The Italians know how to defend so they may be a bit tougher to break down.

But once again, first leg is at Ibrox where we can get a lead then defend it well in the 2nd again.

I feel we will do well, and if we beat them to move into the final then great. But we cannot sit back and look at what we have done and what they have done.

No team gets to this stage of Europe being crap.

Well noody expected us to get this far,so why would anybody expect us to reach the final ?,it's just another game in europe to overcome.But the fact is we have got as much chance of winning it as every other team that's left in it.I for one still don't believe we are good enough to win it,however as i've said,we do have a chance

I agree with the sentiment so long as we dont become complacent. For the first 15 to 20 minutes against Sporting, we went on to the park and started knocking the ball around with the confidence of a team who believed they were good enough, and deserved to be, in the quarter finals. If we can continue that into the semis then I think we have a chance and I agree with Gribz - I fancy us to give anyone a game at Ibrox.

I think we've a one in four chance of winning it, meaning we've got a three in four chance of not winning it. The latter is therefore most likely, but in any case I'm going to enjoy the journey to whatever conclusion.