Weir Banned For Cup Clash

THE SFA have confirmed today that Davie Weir and Celtic's Gary Caldwell have been banned for one match following the post-match aggro at Parkhead last night.

As we revealed last night, both players were ordered to referee Kenny Clark's room for getting involved as players scuffled at the final whistle.

They were reported to the SFA this morning for violent conduct and have been suspended for the next match which means Weir is out of the St Johnstone Cup semi-final and Caldwell misses Celtic's SPL game with Aberdeen on Saturday.

Celtic captain Stephen McManus was also spoken to by the referee and reported for aggressive behaviour. He was given three penalty points which takes him to 15 and therefore three short of threshhold.

Carlos Cuellar's red card for hand ball automatically rules him out of the next Celtic match on April 27. However, the penalty carries only five points and that leaves him on 17 points.

That means he is one booking away from a further one-match ban.

Weir may have even sat out the St Johnstone game anyway for a rest!! With Dailly, Papac and Broadfoot all capable of slotting in then it give Weir a rest for the Fiorentina game.

The bigger loss is Cuellar for the next Tims game.

I would play Dailly at CB against St Johnstone as I reckon he will be asked to play CB against the Tims.

Weir may have even sat out the St Johnstone game anyway for a rest!! With Dailly, Papac and Broadfoot all capable of slotting in then it give Weir a rest for the Fiorentina game.

What happened to Webster ?

Is he still with us ? Injured or ???

Webster hasn't yet played a first team game so has no chance of getting thrown into an OF derby.

I agree that it'll be Dailly who's proving to be a shrewd signing. We even saved a substitution last night by putting him back there instead of Cuellar. The guy is the epitome of a utility player.

What happened to Webster ?

Is he still with us ? Injured or ???

TBH I forgot about Webster there. Who knows what his future holds!!

Agree with Calscot - Dailly is proving to be a superb piece of business considering all the games we have, yet he gives his all in every game.

I have to say, I always liked Webster as a player. If he's fit, he's a like-for-like replacement for Davie Weir - but with his injury history I can't see Walter taking the risk. But, to play devils advocate, I suppose if Walter didn't fancy keeping him on long term he wouldn't have had him on loan for a season and a half and would have sent him back to Wigan once the extent of his injury was confirmed.

Webster hasn't yet played a first team game so has no chance of getting thrown into an OF derby.

I agree that it'll be Dailly who's proving to be a shrewd signing. We even saved a substitution last night by putting him back there instead of Cuellar. The guy is the epitome of a utility player.

Webster played against Gretna at Ibrox in a 4-0 win, scored a goal and was named MOTM.

But I agree, it will be Dailly, he is the natural replacement for Weir and, in fact, may put in a better performance as he is a bit more mobile than Weir.