SPL or Uefa  

14 members have voted

1. 1. SPL or Uefa

• SPL
    • UEFA

We're virtually 4pts ahead in the SPL so I can't believe anyone will be happy if we throw it away. The UEFA cup is a massive, massive bonus and we all want it now. But it's hard to divorce people from the fact, we should really have the SPL in the bag.

If we lose it, I can't imagine one Rangers fan who won't be gutted. With UEFA now we'd swap a lot for it, we desperately want it, but we're all realists at heart. We didn't expect it and we can't be realistically pissed off if we don't win it. We can be if we don't get the treble.

Being in the final is fantastic but the way we've played to get there, means that we can't expect to win it whatsoever.

We've at least equalled Celtic's acheivement and we have to just watch and see. We all want to win it, but there is a team in the way that have shown a far better pedigree than we have, so we can't expect it.

I'mdrunk and rambling but the point is we have the other two trophies in the bag if we really want it, beating Zenit is another kettle of fish and we need another fantastic performance to do it. One thing though, is that if it goes to penalties, we're the master and we've got so much experience I can't see us bottling it as we did with a load of Dutch stars under Advocaat.

We are the penalty kings and if that's the decider, then I'm confident.

Fuck it, I'll buck the trend.

UEFA Cup.

51 league titles can be added to almost at will in the near future. Although that would be easier to say had we not had the lead in the race for the title for so long and it would indeed be devastating to throw that away.

I dare say we won't have another chance to win a European trophy for a good while, so I'm opting for that.

The disappointment of losing the SPL would be greater because we've been half expecting to win it for a good while now whereas we never really took our chances of winning the UEFA seriously.

But I still think to say you witnessed The Gers winning a European trophy is something to be cherished and something a lot of people in past or future lifetimes won't have or had the chance to say.

For me, being able to say that would far exceed being able to say I witnessed x amount of league victories.