Just watching CNN over here and they have just ran a good / bad story,how rangers are chasing an historic quadruple,and damming the SPL for the part they are playing in this,also ran the interview with George Burley slating them.GREAT EXPOSURE FOR THE SPL !!!!!

Just watching CNN over here and they have just ran a good / bad story,how rangers are chasing an historic quadruple,and damming the SPL for the part they are playing in this,also ran the interview with George Burley slating them.GREAT EXPOSURE FOR THE SPL !!!!!

The SPL are looking very, very foolish over this. The only people to come out of this with any credibility are, for a change, RANGERS. We have been very dignified in the way we have went about things. SDM rightly condemned the decision and WS simply said it was the wrong decision but "we will just get on with it".

Guest Ibroxian
I have said that the top league should have 18 teams (yes OK there are not that many teams with staia etc that could handle the bigger clubs) but then we go to Fifa and Uefa and get moiney for the clubs to extend there stadia and also get the SFA to get the money into the pot.

I think 18 teams would weaken the SPL. Rangers and Celtic would make a joke of 16 other teams twice per season as opposed to 10 at the moment. Rangers and Celtic to play in the English Premiership, is that nogt a posibility any more? You'd have to kiss goodbye to three guaranteed trophies per season!:box:

Wouldn't the fan base remain the same for the smaller clubs? I imagine they would only need the additional seating capacity for the visit of Rangers and Celtic. And what about the 2 teams promoted into the SPL each season, they would be bringing sub standard stadiums with them?

One woman came on radio Scotland at the weekend with in my eyes a great idea. That was to make the top six split after two rounds. Then let the top six play each other twice home and away. That would mean no unfair 3 away games against one team. It would also mean six less games opening up room for postponed games to be played and giving UEFA.CL clubs a possible break before ties.

One woman came on radio Scotland at the weekend with in my eyes a great idea. That was to make the top six split after two rounds. Then let the top six play each other twice home and away. That would mean no unfair 3 away games against one team. It would also mean six less games opening up room for postponed games to be played and giving UEFA.CL clubs a possible break before ties.

Put your glasses on and read post 8 on this thread ya old bam Pete !! Gribz quoted Chick Young where Chick mentions the very same woman with the same story.....

In all seriousness though, it does make sense but the other teams in the SPL outwith the OF wouldn't allow it because it takes away a game for some of them (those finishing in the bottom 6) - self preservation at its best.

The OF are despised by the rest of the SPL yet it is the OF that line their pockets and keep them afloat !

I read an interview with Advocaat yesterday and he was also heavily criticising the SPL. He even mentioned that during his time as manager he tried to overhaul the whole Scottish youth setup but they wouldn't even listen to Bert Van Lingen, so he told him to stop going to the meetings.

Total numpties