Rangers v Motherwell - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Cuellar strolled though the game and made it look oh so easy. He just says, "Thankyou very much, I'll have that." and then takes the ball off the opposition player.

I was deeply disappointed with Boyd yet again. I'm not really one of his detractors, but he hardly did anything in the whole game. You'd think he'd have something to prove but all he's showing that his bad press is true - that all he can do is score, so when he doesn't, it means he does nothing at all.

He did get in a few good positions with about four chances and had he put one away then he'd have been forgiven. He did hit the bar but it was never going in. His fresh air shot was straight out of Nacho's text book...

However, both Darcheville and Cousin didn't do any better. It's frustrating that we can have three strikers all off form at the same time. Four if you include Novo.

Or am I just missing that Motherwell defended really well or our strikers didn't get proper service?

Luckily Barry left a woeful first half performance behind to step up his game in the second half and cap it with a very well taken strike. Pity he couldn't hit the target with another great chance just on the edge of the box.

One thing I noticed is that our players seem to be reluctant to shoot from out side the box even when in space. Considering the amount of goals we've scored doing this and the amount goals we've conceded or big scares we've had when the opposition do it, you'd think we'd be peppering the goal from this distance. It's not as if we're doing much else with the ball. Cousin's strike against Bremen is a great example and I remember when McCulloch was on form and shooting on sight. He only scored a couple but he caused the opposition defence all sorts of problems which led to quite a few goals.

We're also showing a lack of creativity but all I think Walter needs to do is edit together some of our best moves and goals of the season and show the players what they did right. Add that to the best goals and moves from the opposition and surely that will reseed their left hand brains with plenty of options.

They even just need to remember the torrid time Aberdeen gave us with some excellent crossing and try to play the same kind of balls.

You don't want to over train their bodies but surely some time can be spent with their minds?

The best way to stimulate this kind of creativity is to remind yourself of what has worked before.

Yep fully agree Calscot, especially on Boyd. Against Hibs last Sunday I was actually shouting for him to get on as he looked fresh but last night reminded why Im one of his critics, he is just not a 'footballer' at all. He cant offer anything to his team mates when he gets the ball at his feet.

I also think the strikers are a little off form but they arent getting service at all from midfield. K Thomson does all the dirty work but isnt a creator and Ferguson has been off the boil for weeks. He got a much needed goal last night and Im hoping thats his spur to get us over the finishing lines. S Davis isnt giving us those good runs and passes that he did in his first 5 matches. I think when certain individuals are tired it makes others struggle aswell.

But its still a results business at this stage and if we win all our remaining games 1-0 in the same fashion as last night then il be happy as we'll be the champions.

King Carlos for me as well!

Boyd didn't look interested at all last night, but I still think with decent service he'll score for fun in the SPL. Any half decent striker playing up front for us should be able to do that given the number of chances per game we historically create. Problem is, we're not creating enough of those chances any more. I thought when Davis came in, he'd be putting more of those balls through for the strikers to run on to, like he did for Boyd's offside goal last night, but he doesn't seem to be doing it enough.

I also don't think any of our strikers are the complete article we need to be building a strike force around. They all have their fair share of limitations IMO and we should be looking to bring someone in as a priority in the summer.

Its a strange one with Boyd, because often when he doesn't play and we're chasing a goal, we finally start to get some good cross balls in to the 6 yard box, but there's no-one there to finish. Novo is the most likely to be there, but, while he's improved again this season, his lack of composure is still there for all to see which means he's never going to be able to move his game on to the next level. Gifted though Cousin is, he flatters to deceive most of the time and while you get a lot of workrate from JCD, he also lacks the end product.

I just don't think we're being positive enough in games and not having a settled strike pairing isn't helping anyone either. But hopefully we can get by with what we've got and the great team spirit which is very much in evidence now.

You're right Calscot, McCulloch at least seemed willing to shoot from outside of the box, which is something else we've lacked for years.

King Carlos for me as well!

I also don't think any of our strikers are the complete article we need to be building a strike force around. They all have their fair share of limitations IMO and we should be looking to bring someone in as a priority in the summer.

Agree completely with that....