Manchester police are investigating claims that the infamous ICF infiltrated the Rangers support on wednesday. would certainly explain a lot if true.

I did see a flag at piccadilly square that had E C F on it. I did a double take when i seen it but ive never heard of such a firm. Anyone know.

Guest Ibroxian
Manchester police are investigating claims that the infamous ICF infiltrated the Rangers support on wednesday. would certainly explain a lot if true.

I did see a flag at piccadilly square that had E C F on it. I did a double take when i seen it but ive never heard of such a firm. Anyone know.

ICF was the notoriously violent Inter City Firm from the 70's and 80's soley associated to West Ham. There's books available detailing the lives of the main ICF generals. They organised punch ups between rival fans but were curbed by the Police in the 80's when the FA and Government cracked down on footballing hooliganism which was destroying the game.

I say ICF 'was' notorious because as far as I'm aware they no longer exist, at least to any degree of 'power' they once had and would need to make an impact. All the original ICF generals are in their 50's now and respectable gentlemen!

So I think it's highly unlikely that ICF had any involvement on Wednesday night. The only explanation I can think of is they were a gang of organised yobs impostering as ICF to mislead.

Many years ago a mate went to watch Rangers abroad in a European tie and there was a lot of trouble, which he was not part of. He told me that many of the foreign home fans were wearing Rangers shirts and kicking off with their own fans! To the CCTV etc. it just looked like Rangers causing trouble. At least it would have been good for merchandising sales!

I think i saw that flag too. I noticed it cos it had "Shettleton" on it and was going to get a picture cos thats where my dad grew up and my grandpa came from. My grandpa was a true bear and is sorely missed. He was even a member back in the day when Gers weren't a company and still a club.

I noticed the "ICF" underneath and stayed well clear.

It would be a fairly easy thing to infiltrate considering the numbers. All they'd have to do is buy one of the many t-shirts kicking around on the day and pretend to be rangers fans! Especially when everyone would be so quick to blame our fans!

Films like football factory and green st are good films to watch - but seriously, if people like that exist in real life, they should be locked away.

I think i saw that flag too. I noticed it cos it had "Shettleton" on it and was going to get a picture cos thats where my dad grew up and my grandpa came from. My grandpa was a true bear and is sorely missed. He was even a member back in the day when Gers weren't a company and still a club.

I noticed the "ICF" underneath and stayed well clear.

It would be a fairly easy thing to infiltrate considering the numbers. All they'd have to do is buy one of the many t-shirts kicking around on the day and pretend to be rangers fans! Especially when everyone would be so quick to blame our fans!

Films like football factory and green st are good films to watch - but seriously, if people like that exist in real life, they should be locked away.

Unfortunately they do exist Andrew. Some people thrive on violence. If they want to fight get them shipped to Afghanistan.

Guest Ibroxian
Unfortunately they do exist Andrew. Some people thrive on violence. If they want to fight get them shipped to Afghanistan.

Bloody well said Pete. Same goes for all the young gun toting gangsta wannabe's, you want a gun and you want to look good wearing it then wear it in the desert.

ICF was the notoriously violent Inter City Firm from the 70's and 80's soley associated to West Ham. There's books available detailing the lives of the main ICF generals. They organised punch ups between rival fans but were curbed by the Police in the 80's when the FA and Government cracked down on footballing hooliganism which was destroying the game.

I say ICF 'was' notorious because as far as I'm aware they no longer exist, at least to any degree of 'power' they once had and would need to make an impact. All the original ICF generals are in their 50's now and respectable gentlemen!

So I think it's highly unlikely that ICF had any involvement on Wednesday night. The only explanation I can think of is they were a gang of organised yobs impostering as ICF to mislead.

Many years ago a mate went to watch Rangers abroad in a European tie and there was a lot of trouble, which he was not part of. He told me that many of the foreign home fans were wearing Rangers shirts and kicking off with their own fans! To the CCTV etc. it just looked like Rangers causing trouble. At least it would have been good for merchandising sales!

I know what your taking about with the ICF but for West Ham they were a gang made up of gangs. I wouldnt say they are exstinct altogether.

But as far as I know Rangers had a ICF also (Cammy will shed some light on this, he has read plenty of info on this) which still exsists.

But I think there would have been an element of Man Utd fans involved in Manchester last week!