As Alan Partridge would say:

"Balls out the bath on this one".

But A European Final and two cups (as bmck states elsewhere) just wont cut it, if the miracle of miracles doesn't happen again tonight.

I get f ucked off with some of the fans on FF who are not realistic, but I realise I myself am just as bad. We should win the league every year imo. In fact John Greig said it best before Zenit;

"First and foremost, i'm a Rangers man. And I beleive we should win every competition we enter every season".

Don't get me wrong. I know what Walter has done is exceptional. From where we were, 20 points adrift and winning fuck all (if only PLG got a chance :rolleyes: ) to Euro final, last day league shoot out and 1 possibly 2 cups. But I think Walter will agree with me. It's the nature of the beast.

It is maybe why I don't mind "ugly" football when we're winning, because winning is everything. First is Champions, second is nowhere.

I think this season shows that our squad was not that fair behind the ****'s one that walked it. A few key signings and we're neck and neck. In fact we would have won the league but for our own success in every competition this season. The tims are benefitting from our success particularly abroad.

However, as I state, the point of this is that second just is not good enough. That does not mean that Walter should go, or he has one more season or x amount of games. It is merely the standard that everyone at Rangers; Chairman, manager, players, fans, tea lady aspires to every year. We're either Champions or we're nothing. And that is the motivation to use to ensure that more often that not that is exactly where we finish.

I'm immensely proud of the boys this season. However next year I demand more. I want the title!

I think we've got the basis of a very good squad provided we sign the right players. But this season we've thrown the league away when we could have won it with games to spare. Regardless of everything that's gone against us and for them, we should have won it.

I really believe that had WS introduced some of the fringe players at the turn of the year and freshened things up, we wouldn't have dropped so many points in the SPL.

We all know that the SPL is probably the only league in the world where coming second is seen as a real failure. But I bet on Walter's plan he had in mind when he took over, we're still ahead of schedule.

I think we've got the basis of a very good squad provided we sign the right players. But this season we've thrown the league away when we could have won it with games to spare. Regardless of everything that's gone against us and for them, we should have won it.

I really believe that had WS introduced some of the fringe players at the turn of the year and freshened things up, we wouldn't have dropped so many points in the SPL.

We all know that the SPL is probably the only league in the world where coming second is seen as a real failure. But I bet on Walter's plan he had in mind when he took over, we're still ahead of schedule.

Publicly Walter will say we're ahead of schedule.

Privately I wonder if he will see this as opportunity lost. And not just with hindsight of the way the season panned out.

We've seen it a million times. One team supposedly dominating. Change of manager, instant league success for the previously struggling side.

thats probably the right balance - to deny that we have turned round so ridiculously well would be nuts. but thats a relative sort of value - always looking back at the most horrendous league campaign in our modern history. we have a lot to be proud about; a lot of our integrity has been restored in the very personality of walter smith. that said, to deny that we could have had the league sewn up ages ago (or to deny that it should be mentioned because of all the other good stuff we have done) would also be to deny too much. walters conservatism may have prospered in europe, it hasnt faired too well against lesser opposition. i think we have been guilty of over-estimating opponents for a while. our reserve players should be able to put up a good game against spl sides - 451 is the ultimate counter-attacking formation, but you arent going to draw an spl side out. and if you do, you have gave them confidence by sitting off them, an they are more likely to play better. i think walter cant win - if he shook things up a bit and took a gamble, and he lost (like the prisoners dillema) he would be accused of throwing the league away on un-tried players. personally, i would have done it: boyds and gows have it all to prove, but i can see why eh didnt. i think the two old firm games were key in all this. its been a mad season.

sorry but i havent seen such crap in all my time as Rangers fan. its unbelievable we achieved so much this year. Major over achievers more like. Walter made monumental blunders, his faith in cousin being top of the list. not playing boyd... tell me when to stop i could go on all night.

sorry for the ramble but im fucking raging.

sorry but i havent seen such crap in all my time as Rangers fan. its unbelievable we achieved so much this year. Major over achievers more like. Walter made monumental blunders, his faith in cousin being top of the list. not playing boyd... tell me when to stop i could go on all night.

sorry for the ramble but im fucking raging.

Not Playing Boyd?

Boyd is pish! dont kid on here..... he cant hold it up he has no link up play .. but he scores! it just shows you you need a good team for boyd to be goo

As for big slack arse DC ... he is a fanny plain and simple no desire to play footbal not just for rangers

Not Playing Boyd?

Boyd is pish! dont kid on here..... he cant hold it up he has no link up play .. but he scores! it just shows you you need a good team for boyd to be goo

As for big slack arse DC ... he is a fanny plain and simple no desire to play footbal not just for rangers

Better than DC though Del.....

We have had a great season, we have been in a Uefa Cup Final that no one ever thought would happen, and we have the CIS cup in the bag. The TSC is hopefully coming to Ibrox.

But the bug bearer is that we have surrendered the league. It was ours, in the bag and we have surrendered it. That is what annoys me.

On a happier note Dundee Utd fell below Aerdeen and lost a few quid, get it up ye Levein..

Guest walkerger

Do you really think the players will be looking forward to the cup final now in less than 36 hours? Do you think we might win on penaltys again because if we pltle ay like we did tonight we will not score a goal even against Queen of the South. We also start next season in July with a champions league qualifier will we be succesfull in that or will the players be told we dont want to play another 60 or 70 game season we only want the league title back.

Do you really think the players will be looking forward to the cup final now in less than 36 hours? Do you think we might win on penaltys again because if we pltle ay like we did tonight we will not score a goal even against Queen of the South. We also start next season in July with a champions league qualifier will we be succesfull in that or will the players be told we dont want to play another 60 or 70 game season we only want the league title back.

That's the big fear. Can you imagine the torture of Zeta..Red Star or Crvena Zvesna ar whater they are....anyone know if we will be seeded/ You know what is sickening is C*****c only benefit because we upped the co-efficient..

That's the big fear. Can you imagine the torture of Zeta..Red Star or Crvena Zvesna ar whater they are....anyone know if we will be seeded/ You know what is sickening is C*****c only benefit because we upped the co-efficient..

Aye we're about 24th ranked team in Europe next season. Possibly a chance of 2nd pot in the CL proper if we make it. Can't be arsed to look up Bert Kassie's site atm but will take a look later on.