I dont agree with your comments on boumsong. He looked great in the spl but fell way short in the uefa cup ( remember auxerre). carlos has produced the goods at all levels and i reckon he will be a success wherever he goes.

If I was Carlos I would be looking at what happened to Jean Alain Boumsong and think long and hard about decamping to the Premiership. Boumsong looked a real class act in the short period he was with us....always looking to play it out from the back at first but resorting to longer balls towards the end...something I feel was due to him not having Bazza dropping back to pick up the ball as if i am correct he was at Blackburn at the time.

But come the January transfer window Boumsong was off to Newcastle for �£8 million which in part helped us resign Barry and he was nothing short of a disaster down there before being offloaded to Juventus in Serie B.

Now Carlos has had what is widely accepted as an outstanding first season in Scottish football. From all accounts hes embraced and been embraced by the club. After our European run/ Hutton sale surely we are in a stronger financial position than we have been for years? And to be honest, we are not that many players away from having a right good team...but that starts by keeping the decent ones we have.

Celtic cocked up by not building on their Uefa Cup run a few seasons ago...would hate us to go down the same road. We should be using that exposure to entice top players to us, not be a stop over for them on way to the Premiership. Carlos I hope will stay...ignore the Premiership...and if he does go, get himself back to one of the big Spanish sides.

As for Cousin, I said back in January i'd be appalled if he pulled on a Rangers jersey again after trying to wangle his move to Fulham. SInce then he's actually appalled me more with his half hearted efforts and loose cannon persona. I wouldn't have had him in the team since January, would much rather Boyd was getting regular games but even after he was injured he was straight back in the team when fit. Can't wait till this guy is out of Ibrox.

Malky

You're dead right about the Carlos situation not being the same as the Hutton one. Then, we DID need the money:now we DO'NT. I know every player has his price, but even if WS had his budget doubled, where will he get 2 half-decent CB's from?

Ask the player, if he wants to go, let him. If he wants to stay for at least 1 more season then we should say in no uncertain terms he is not for sale at any price.

Thats the way I see it. I actually think Carlos would like to stay so all bids should be rejected.

Interesting to read Cammys post on the other thread about McGregor leaving - that would be a massive loss. He is the most improved player this season and has came on almost as much as Hutton did. Id maybe go as far to say if McGregor didnt get injured we would have won the league.

If Mcgregor did leave then id be hoping for us to sign a top keeper if we could find one.