Playing devils advocate here, but what is the feeling of the board regarding the abuse dished out to Cousin after the 'head-but' against Sporting and the support of Novo after his shocking tackle last night?

Personally, I can't see the difference - both players let themselves, the club, us the fans down - yet one gets abuse, the other support (and it's not the first time Novo has let us down due to his attitude - Hibs at Ibrox in the SC this season, and Hibs at Easter Road during Helicopter Sunday season).

As I say, just playing devils advocate and interested in the thoughts of the board.

Cammy F

Playing devils advocate here, but what is the feeling of the board regarding the abuse dished out to Cousin after the 'head-but' against Sporting and the support of Novo after his shocking tackle last night?

Personally, I can't see the difference - both players let themselves, the club, us the fans down - yet one gets abuse, the other support (and it's not the first time Novo has let us down due to his attitude - Hibs at Ibrox in the SC this season, and Hibs at Easter Road during Helicopter Sunday season).

As I say, just playing devils advocate and interested in the thoughts of the board.

Cammy F

If I remember correctly it was Fiorentina Cousin was sent off against.

Anyway IMO neither of them warrant a first team place but the difference is that Novo's indiscretions are through his passion for the club and the supporters like to see this in a player. What Cousin did was just stupidity. I actually think he has the technical ability to be a very good player but I don't think he is very bright and is very lazy. Novo will always be a good squad player.

So a head-but is worse than a potentially career threatening challange? I love Novo to death, but he has a side to his game that lets us all down - we are now without him for the Scottish Cup final due to his gross stupidity.

I don't think a persons passion for the club should be used as an excuse to cover up terrible tackles - imagine the uproar on here if say, Zander Diamond had tackled Novo in that manner.

Cammy F

Novo's challenge was one of pure frustration at the way things were going but that does not condone the challenge and yes we would have been going mental if Diamond had done that to one of our players. Nacho is prone to the odd stupid rash 'tackle' now and again, but I would rather have a player like him with his commitment than a Cousin type

Cammy F

Good post as always Cammy, yeah with Cousin I just don't think he's a team player, one notable thing from last night's game was he was caught standing there despite Charlie Adam's decent back post cross. Nacho seems to have his heart in the right place. He's not the most tricky of players and isn't strong on the ball but his heart is in the right place and he would 'take a bullet' for the team. I wonder if big Eck would let us take Cameron Jerome off his hands to replace Cousin. I also wonder if Da Marcus Beasley will have a bigger impact (injury free) next season.

Good post as always Cammy, yeah with Cousin I just don't think he's a team player, one notable thing from last night's game was he was caught standing there despite Charlie Adam's decent back post cross. Nacho seems to have his heart in the right place. He's not the most tricky of players and isn't strong on the ball but his heart is in the right place and he would 'take a bullet' for the team. I wonder if big Eck would let us take Cameron Jerome off his hands to replace Cousin. I also wonder if Da Marcus Beasley will have a bigger impact (injury free) next season.

Beasly has not had a full season for years. Don't expect more than you got this year.

My personal opinion is that Cousin is only interested in money. I think we are fortunate in the fact that Fulham want him otherwise we could have another Mladnovic on our hands. I never thought id see such a lazy bastard again in a light blue jersey but cousin is trying his damned hardest to prove me wrong.

Novo on the other hand plays for the jersey and gets away with his acts of stupidity for that reason.

With Cousin its stupidity and I actually think he wanted to get sent off. To come back and do the same thing against Dundee Utd shows how stupid he was.

I wouldnt cheer Novo's actions either (not just coz Stuart Duff is a old school mate of mine) but you cant go around doing those things when we are chasing games.