Realistic squad and XI for next season

Whats everyones realistic ideal XI next season including signings?

We'd need to choose a formation. I cant see us getting a class creative player to move things to a 4-4-2 so id expect a 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 (which can be 4-2-3-1 aswell).

Firstly I hope McGregor stays. Alexander is good back up but I wouldnt be over happy if he was our no.1

In defence we are all praying for Carlos to stay and I think he will. But with Weir not prepared to be a back up we need a new centre half. Webster could be the man but he has a lot to prove. At left back Papac and S Smith are fine here, hopefully we get the same from Papac as this season plus it would be great to see Smith get his pre-injury form back.

Right back is a bit troubled for us. Lowing has never really came on and Whittaker gets preferred in midifield. Id start Whittaker and give him a run of games there. Broadfoot is a tryer but simple not good enough.

Midfield - Hemdani looks to be on his way out so we can rule him out. Dailly is expected to stay so should be good cover. Thomson needs to take 1 step further next season but we need a player to compliment him. Barry Ferguson is on last chance saloon with some bears. Its not good playing superb 1 game then below average for 7 games, also he seems blameless and an auto pick whatever - something i dont like! If we could get someone better id be happy. Steven Davis may sign on which would be fine.

In the wide positions id make Beasley first pick on the left with McCulloch as his back up. Adam would be 3rd choice. Novo would start on the right as we just dont have anyone else for that role at the moment.

Strikers - Darcheville will currently be first pick with Boyd as his back up. Cousin and Sebo will be off the books and Naismith is injured. So we now need a striker or 2.

Youngsters - I hope to see Furman, Lennon and Fleck step up and get more first team action next season. If you are good enough you are old enough, but I fear WS wont play them too much.

Signings - Hopefully we dont need a keeper. But we possibly need a right back along with a centre half in defence. We need a central midfielder who knows how to break a defence down and a right sided player. 2 strikers will be needed aswell.

Injured - Naismith and Burke will be out until 2009

So we can have a couple of teams like the following:

____________________McGregor____________________

Whittaker_____(Webster)_______Cuellar_________Papac

Novo_________Ferguson________Thomson_____Beasley

_______________________(Lovenkrands)_____________

____________________Darcheville___________________

Back up:

____________________Alexander_____________________

New__________Broadfoot________New____________Smith

New________Davis/Furman________Dailly__________McCulloch/Adam

___________Boyd/Fleck______New/Lennon____________

Obviously if we get players in who havent been mentioned they will fit into that systems, the above is just possibly realistic.

You missed out Miller and Daily Gribz. In the games i saw Daily and for Scotland yesterday i hope he doesn't get near playing in defence for us. Even Sionko turned him inside out. Walter must have something special up his sleeve because the names being banded about are a nightmare waiting to happen.

Hopefully Fleck,Furman and Lennon will play a bigger role next season.

Sorry just seen Daily in your back-up team.

Guest 90minsofmadness

____________________McGregor____________________

Whittaker_____(Webster)_______Cuellar_________Papac

Novo_________Ferguson________Thomson_____Beasley

_______________________(Lovenkrands)_____________

____________________Darcheville___________________

That seems a bit too 424 for my liking

Would have Davis/Adam or a Buffel type player in for Lovenkrands. Don't think Webster will ever be fit so a new CH is needed. I would probably play Boyd in most domestic games.

Would be happy to see Fleck Lennon and Furman get more opportunities next year too.

Think we need an attacking midfielder if we sign davis great but i dont think he is the answer to supply us with flair and create goals he is a battler and would love him in the team but we need someone a bit different in there i would like to see them go for somebody like steve sidwell from chelsea doubt we could afford his wages but he is a midfielder that can get forward and grab his fair share of goals he done it for reading regular.

As for alan smith would have love to have seen him at ibrox before he went to man u but he is to injury prone now and if he was our option for a striker a couldnt see him scoring that many goals.:rfc:

I honestly think Adam can give a lot more from the centre,as this is his natural position,he has enough creativity and can strike a great ball

For me Charlie Adam is far too slow and cumbersome to be playing through the middle of midfield, even if it is his natural position. IMO if we have to rely on him in there then we need to strengthen that position with a signing.

If he can get a good pre-season and gain some pace then perhaps - but he also is prone to losing the ball to easily and that can be costly from any position but more so in the engine room.

For me Charlie Adam is far too slow and cumbersome to be playing through the middle of midfield, even if it is his natural position. IMO if we have to rely on him in there then we need to strengthen that position with a signing.

If he can get a good pre-season and gain some pace then perhaps - but he also is prone to losing the ball to easily and that can be costly from any position but more so in the engine room.

Totally agree, Charlie Adam should be about 4th choice for the LM position and i wouldnt consider him for a central role at all.

I think Adam is one of those infuriating players that does something great one minute and something gash the next.

If he could work on his weak points and not have so many lapses in a game then he'd at least be a decent squad player - and he's the only one that can take a consistently decent free kick.

He is still a young player,time to work on his game I think.Also I wasn't saying he'd be my first choice in CM,just that any player deserves to be given a run in thier correct position,a fair chance,before they get moved on