Second best isn't an option for Rangers and currently we don't have the players to make us champions, that has to change.

Cammy F

And is that solely the fault of Kris Boyd?

The way you are going on, it seems that way! Id lay the blame with the midfield and lack of creativity first and foremost!

Even if his 'goals' aren't enough to win us the league? I'd prefer to have a player scoring less goals that won us games than a player who'll score for fun when we are winning but can't get us the important goals that turn 1 point into 3.

Serious question, if Celtc win the league for the next 4-5 seasons (GOD FORBID) and Boyd was to score say 30 goals each season, would you still be happy?

Second best isn't an option for Rangers and currently we don't have the players to make us champions, that has to change.

Cammy F

it's not all boyds fault we didn't win the league m8, how many games did he acutally play this season? he played none against the tims did he. what did our other strikers do who played more games than him? did their goals win us league?

PS i'm never happy finishing 2nd to the scum but if we played boyd and a.n.other to compliment him and had a better midfield IMO we would win the league.....we were not far away this year and threw it away IMO and the teams are evenly balanced, we need more quality in the middle to go further next season.

And is that solely the fault of Kris Boyd?

The way you are going on, it seems that way! Id lay the blame with the midfield and lack of creativity first and foremost!

The blame is shared - defence not mean enough, especially at the end of the season - the midfield depleted by injuries so we had no width, and the strikers, Botd included who couldn't put the games out or reach, or score that important goal to win us games.

So, not soley the fault of Botd, but he can't escape his share of the blame and people are allowed to believe (rightly or wrongly) that he isn't a great player.

Cammy F

So its taken 9 pages to come to the decision that its not all down to Boyd?

Without his goals would we have one two cups and been so close to the league? Our other strikers weren't exactly on fire and banging them in were they?

My belief is the midfield cost us the league together with some tactics, or lack of.

The blame is shared - defence not mean enough, especially at the end of the season - the midfield depleted by injuries so we had no width, and the strikers, Botd included who couldn't put the games out or reach, or score that important goal to win us games.

So, not soley the fault of Botd, but he can't escape his share of the blame and people are allowed to believe (rightly or wrongly) that he isn't a great player.

Cammy F

i'd say our main problems are in the middle of the park and not in defence or up front.........

So its taken 9 pages to come to the decision that its not all down to Boyd?

Without his goals would we have one two cups and been so close to the league? Our other strikers weren't exactly on fire and banging them in were they?

My belief is the midfield cost us the league together with some tactics, or lack of.

No, thats always been my thoughts - never once said it was Boyds fault - don't know what you are trying to do / say here Jon - re-read all my posts on this and any other Boyd thread and point out any that have blamed Boyd for us not winning the SPL....

Cammy F

No, thats always been my thoughts - never once said it was Boyds fault - don't know what you are trying to do / say here Jon - re-read all my posts on this and any other Boyd thread and point out any that have blamed Boyd for us not winning the SPL....

Cammy F

sounds to me like you did think he played a major part in us not winning it though....... apologies if i'm wrong ............

i'd say our main problems are in the middle of the park and not in defence or up front.........

What? You are comfortable with us playing with 4 centre halfs at the back with no natural full backs? When we lost Hutton we lost not just a fantastic defender, but one of our most potent weapons going forward. The lack of natural full backs cust us dear. Weir was found out in a few games as well last season - his age and fitness started to show and we lost stupid goals that cost us points (Motherwell away, Aberdeen away).

We lost Beasley, Adam, McCulloch, Burke for long periods during the season, that is all of our 'wide players' - they aren't world beaters but offer width and they supply decent crosses into the box. For the majority of the season we were limited to central midfield players playing out wide.

Our strikers (all of them) were guilty of passing up chance after chance after chance in vital games to kill of the game.

Cammy F