• Brahim Hemdani
    • Kevin Thomson
    • Charlie Adam
    • Steve Davis
    • Chris Burke
    • DaMarcus Beasley
    • Lee McCulloch
    • Steven Whittaker

PS, Ive only included mainly the first team so have missed players out such as Naismith, Daily, Furman, Fleck and a few other of the kids....

I agree with you tho Hrley, Thomson for me.....out of interest, out of the players listed, where in the pecking order would BF be?

I agree to an extent Ian, BUT, do think that over the whole of last season, Thomson was our best midfielder.

BF for me has been our best midfielder for years. I dont think there is any doubt about that. Not wanting to get into all the playing through injury and not on form etc.

Maybe I should have worded the poll differently and said, who was our best midfielder last season.

I dont see anyone on the list there that ould have come in and done a better job than BF even 85% fit. Davis....Yes, but only through the middle....then leaving a void on the RM.

It could be debated for many an hour which is why I posted the poll...

Don't really feel I can vote here, all these players do different things. Beasley, Burke and Naismith are wingers, Thompson is more a holding midfielder with Buffel a more creative type. It's not exactly comparing like for like as all these guys bring something different to the team.

I agree to an extent Ian, BUT, do think that over the whole of last season, Thomson was our best midfielder.

BF for me has been our best midfielder for years. I dont think there is any doubt about that. Not wanting to get into all the playing through injury and not on form etc.

Maybe I should have worded the poll differently and said, who was our best midfielder last season.

I dont see anyone on the list there that ould have come in and done a better job than BF even 85% fit. Davis....Yes, but only through the middle....then leaving a void on the RM.

It could be debated for many an hour which is why I posted the poll...

I agree Thomson had a good season and Barry didn't have as good a season as he is capable of,but I don't think Thomson was better than Barry all season

Don't really feel I can vote here, all these players do different things. Beasley, Burke and Naismith are wingers, Thompson is more a holding midfielder with Buffel a more creative type. It's not exactly comparing like for like as all these guys bring something different to the team.

That's the point though Juff. These are the players on our books for all of the MF positions. If BF was as bad and is as bad as everyone says, who out of our squad should have replaced him when he was not fully fit...yet willing to go out and play?

That's the point though Juff. These are the players on our books for all of the MF positions. If BF was as bad and is as bad as everyone says, who out of our squad should have replaced him when he was not fully fit...yet willing to go out and play?

If you're talking about who should habve replaced him last year, you don't have Steve Davis on your list and neither is Dailly, who played the holding role a few times and did well. Out of that list, the midfield three I would pick would be Hemdani and Thompson holding with Buffel supporting the striker.

Poll only allowed 10 and as Daily was sparingly used, Davis was a loan and when utilised as a RM was nowhere near as influential as though the middle (where Id have put him ahead of BF) so didnt include them......give me a break man lol