• Brahim Hemdani
    • Kevin Thomson
    • Charlie Adam
    • Steve Davis
    • Chris Burke
    • DaMarcus Beasley
    • Lee McCulloch
    • Steven Whittaker

Poll only allowed 10 and as Daily was sparingly used, Davis was a loan and when utilised as a RM was nowhere near as influential as though the middle (where Id have put him ahead of BF) so didnt include them......give me a break man lol

Just saying... :P

In an ideal world I wold have Davis in the Buffel position and someone to replace Hemdani.

Actually, screw that, in an ideal world I would have Sneijder in the Buffel position and Deco and De Rossi replacing Hemdani and Thompson.

Thomson was superb in the second half of the season in particular, but when barry's not there, 100% fit or not, we struggle badly for cohesion and drive. He is also the most technically astute player in our midfield although it's impossible to argue that he didn't have a bad season. I occasionally watch some of the old european games etc on RTV and it's a shame to see how much he's lost from his game, whether it's due to injury or the conservatism that comes with age in footballers I don't know. However, we simply do not have a viable alternative in terms of a real leader, nor can we afford one and the experience he brings is invaluable. I'd like to see him back in the holding role where he belongs, spreading the passes around, calmly dictating play and making the odd well timed foray forward. I think playing him further forward was the root of a lot of our long ball pish last season. I also think if the team can be improved technically in general then he'll relax a bit in terms of his play. We all know he tries do too much when half the team are nowhere near his level. His frustration is clear to see. Lets hope we get the old Barry back next season. He is afterall our best midfielder.:notworthy:

Barry had about 10 excellent games where he surpassed the level of anyone else we have in midfield. However, he had more than that many games where he was mediocre at best.

Thomson, while not hitting the heights of Bazza, also had a higher base level than his captain, and on average he may have shaded the older player.

However, Fergie looks like he's declining while Thommo is showing signs of potentially improving greatly.

So the former Hibs man gets it from me.

BUT, I'd have probably have given it to Novo had he been listed, for his right midfield performances. The guy was a talisman last season, and an example for the rest of the players to follow.

The team doesn't operate properly without Ferguson in the team. He is without doubt, our most important midfielder. He is also our best midfielder as well, despite the issues at the end of the season.