These rumours about Boyd have been around since he signed for us. If there was any truth in them, do people not think that someone would have done something about it by now? If your mate down the pub knows about it, do you not think maybe someone connected with the club would have heard too?

Boyd and Gow have not been Walters favourites that is for sure and it certainly looks to me that something has happened off the field. I am not saying the drug rumour is true as it probably isn't but Gow's situation is not football orientated imo.

Boyd and Gow have not been Walters favourites that is for sure and it certainly looks to me that something has happened off the field. I am not saying the drug rumour is true as it probably isn't but Gow's situation is not football orientated imo.

Who knows what goes on behind the scenes at clubs. Many people who've seen Gow play say he's just not good enough and there's nothing more sinister than that. I guess the U21 rule won't be helping his cause either.

I'd have thought if any of our players had an issue like that, they'd either be sacked or helped through it an in a country this size, the media would be all over it. In fact, they'd even be all over the rumours surely if there was any credence to them?

Anyway back on track:

ALAN GOW was today mulling over a �£300,000 move to Norwich.The 25-year-old travelled to Carrow Road with his agent, Phil McTaggart.

Gow was offered a better wage package than the deal he turned down from Burnley. But he has returned for pre-season training and will now have to make his mind up on where his future lies.

The former Falkirk man still has two years of his Gers contract to run.

advertisement

Doncaster and three clubs in this country - believed to be Motherwell, Aberdeen and Dundee United - are also intersted in Gow.

Talks are on-going between Rangers and Davie Weir's agent Dave Lockwood. Boss Walter Smith wants the veteran defender to sign on again for another season.

The agent of midfielder Steven Davis says he still hoped a deal could be struck between Fulham and Rangers.