Funny how some people think Gow should get a chance while slagging off what they reckon is a similar player in Adam, who did get a chance.

It seems a fine line whether you are seen by the manager as good enough to get a chance. Adam just made it and gets slagged of by the fans. Gow looks no better and yet everyone feels sorry for him.

I think some of you are answering your own queries.

You've got to be pretty fickle to bum up Buffel and Gow on the one hand and slag off Boyd and Adam on the other.

I think the difference is Cal that the supporters have had no chance to evaluate Gow whereas with Adam they have had that chance and look at him in a negative light.

Yeah, that's kind of my point.

The same people were baying for Adam to get a game a couple of years ago and now they turn on him.

What makes them think Gow will be any better except for pure speculation?

Some people seem to like players better when they don't play as they can't form a negative opinion - the players' skills seem to get exaggerated in their minds.

But it's funny how quick they are to slag players off when do get a chance but they are not fantastic.

I can understand disagreeing with a manager who sees them on the training ground every day when the team's doing badly. But when he's doing a decent enough job, surely it's best to defer to his greater knowledge?

If we'd paid say 6M for Gow to the likes of Barcelona, then I'd understand the consternation a bit more. But is a freebie from the SPL really going to be our hidden hero?

It's also ironic that some who want him to play, also continually slag off our signings from the SPL...

Funny how some people think Gow should get a chance while slagging off what they reckon is a similar player in Adam, who did get a chance.

It seems a fine line whether you are seen by the manager as good enough to get a chance. Adam just made it and gets slagged of by the fans. Gow looks no better and yet everyone feels sorry for him.

I think some of you are answering your own queries.

You've got to be pretty fickle to bum up Buffel and Gow on the one hand and slag off Boyd and Adam on the other.

Obviously a total dig and directing the fickelness towards me here. :D

But if your crystal ball already told you Gow wouldnt be any better than Adam why didnt you just say so - that way we wouldnt need to give our wrong opinions on here.

How can you say Gow hasnt looked any better than Adam when you havent seen him in a Rangers shirt bar 2 games (if you watched them)? Neil McCann came from another SPL club which gave him the "promising" tag - yet look how good he went onto be!! Adam hasnt went near that level and we cant comment on Gow. All we have said is he deserves a chance.

Please go pick out the quotes where ANY poster on here has BUMMED up Gow and said he is a world beater! I think you might struggle to find anything other than Gow deseves a chance.

I don't know how good Gow would be in the first team but then I don't know how well I would play for Rangers - does that mean I merit a run in the first team.

The only predictor of future behaviour we have is past behaviour and in that sense, Gow showed no more potential or pedigree than Adam - in fact less so.

However, the irony is that if Gow had played as much as Adam and to the same standard while Adam didn't get a chance, some people would be slagging of Gow and going on about Adam getting a chance.

We can't give everyone a run in the team without it affecting the results, therefore players have to take their chances in the reserve team and on the training pitch.

Gow obviously has had plenty of chances there but not taken them. Like I said, if he had more of a pedigree then there would be more of a point, but I think that would happen naturally.

I don't know how good Gow would be in the first team but then I don't know how well I would play for Rangers - does that mean I merit a run in the first team.

Perhaps you are correct but there is the difference that Gow has played professional football whereas you have not. He has also played well in the league in which his current employers are operating. He therefore has history at that level whilst you don't.

The only predictor of future behaviour we have is past behaviour and in that sense, Gow showed no more potential or pedigree than Adam - in fact less so.

Again I think you could be right. They are different types of player but no-one can deny that Adam has, at times, produced the goods at a higher level - scoring good goals in the CL and being the highest scoring midfielder in the league. Gow had highest number of assists in the league at a lesser club. Different types of player for sure. We haven't had the chance to gauge this but Adam has had some howlers this past season and we don't know how Gow would have played if given the chance.

However, the irony is that if Gow had played as much as Adam and to the same standard while Adam didn't get a chance, some people would be slagging of Gow and going on about Adam getting a chance.

Agree completely. That is the beauty of playing for any team - if you are playing in the first XI but not playing well you will be chastised and wanted out of the team whilst someone else sitting in the stands will have become the favoured player.... without ever having even played to prove themselves. That is the debate here IMO - Gow simply hasn't been given a chance to prove himself (games are needed for that, the training ground isn't sufficient).

We can't give everyone a run in the team without it affecting the results, therefore players have to take their chances in the reserve team and on the training pitch.

This is where I think Gow's undoing has come. WS picked his favoured XI at the start of the season and that included Beasley as first choice LM, rightly so IMO. Given we were winning games and doing well in both the SPL and Europe it became very hard to change the team (especially with the demands the fans have on success) - when Beasley got injured Adam got the nod, IMO, because he gave more of a goal threat from set pieces and had played well the previous season. As the season wore on it became very difficult for WS to give fringe players an opportunity as we were chasing FOUR trophies. "Better the devil you know as the one you don't" type mentality and, being honest, I think this was the right course of action too.

Gow obviously has had plenty of chances there but not taken them. Like I said, if he had more of a pedigree then there would be more of a point, but I think that would happen naturally.

This I disagree on. Gow has played 2 games for us and I cannot see how that would qualify as "plenty of chances". Yes he has played in the reserves and perhaps that should be an indicator of level of player - but until a player gets a run in the first team and with better players (admittedly also AGAINST better players) you just won't know what level they can achieve. I don't think he has been given a chance to show his merit to the first team.

However, that said, WS almost took us to an historic QUADRUPLE - who can blame him for sticking with the old guard ?

This season though I would like to think that he will drop off-form players which he didn't do last season. Given we lost the league and BADLY need it back I don't see this happening though.

I really can't understand why this guy never got a chance. In the games i seen him he done really well. Walter must really have took the hup at him for some reason.

I heard a few weeks ago from a friend who's father is high up in the Glasgow Police that at the start of the season past, Boyd and Gow were caught with some "substances" on a night out - Boyd apologised to Walter and Ally, however for whatever reason Gow wouldn't and this is why he has been dumped in the reserves.

This is seemingly well known within the force, but for legal reasons i couldn't comment.

However, that said, WS almost took us to an historic QUADRUPLE - who can blame him for sticking with the old guard ?

This season though I would like to think that he will drop off-form players which he didn't do last season. Given we lost the league and BADLY need it back I don't see this happening though.

I agree with your post Craig, except the top line here. Sticking with the old guard maybe the faithful thing to do but it proved to be the wrong one. Managers shouldnt really have sentiment in mind and hope that those players come good. The 9IAR team were very close to 10IAR but sticking with a few too many of the old guard plus background interference cost us then. Last season it cost us the league. I dont care about the UEFA so much - getting to the final was brilliant but to lose a 9 point lead in the league is tragic.

So as you say, off form players HAVE to be dropped next season regradless if it is Ferguson, Cuellar (unlikely), Miller or Fleck. If they are in the team ant not doing it they need a seat on the sidelines - which can sometimes do good!

I heard a few weeks ago from a friend who's father is high up in the Glasgow Police that at the start of the season past, Boyd and Gow were caught with some "substances" on a night out - Boyd apologised to Walter and Ally, however for whatever reason Gow wouldn't and this is why he has been dumped in the reserves.

This is seemingly well known within the force, but for legal reasons i couldn't comment.

why is this shit coming up again, you don't just say sorry and get away with it. they both would have been kicked out and it would be in every paper ffs. gow is tea total and a fitness fanatic i'm sure he would not go near 'substances'!!!

unless you have proof and post it here stop posting this crap.......

i think the difference with gow is that, while he has much to prove, he has already proven much. he's been top assists before he joined, and has given assists in every game he has played for us. we need someone who gives assists. the boy's clearly got something, so the reason for him not playing can only be personal, i reckon, but there's no way of knowing.

why is this shit coming up again, you don't just say sorry and get away with it. they both would have been kicked out and it would be in every paper ffs. gow is tea total and a fitness fanatic i'm sure he would not go near 'substances'!!!

unless you have proof and post it here stop posting this crap.......

Apologies, havn't been on in a while, only what i'd heard