Can 'our man in Holland' shed any light on this Sparta Rotterdam player whom Middlesborough are apparently interested in? Thing is, he's a winger and if he is a right winger, could he do a job for us? Can't think Boro will want him as a left winger because they've got Downing. The fee is not too high - �£2.5 million.

Can 'our man in Holland' shed any light on this Sparta Rotterdam player whom Middlesborough are apparently interested in? Thing is, he's a winger and if he is a right winger, could he do a job for us? Can't think Boro will want him as a left winger because they've got Downing. The fee is not too high - �£2.5 million.

The main thing i remember him for was this goal.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kat2JAorJM

And this one.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=g6aWxoUn45A&NR=1

He could have went to Feynoord and Herenveen so he was a wanted player in Holland.

Superb goals Pete.......can't remember too many of our wingers doing that on a regular basis. BUT then again, most of our wingers have been injured and we were only shown two clips of the guy so who knows...

See what I mean? We COULD have had him if we had shown just a smidgeon of ambition.

So is he any good? Nobody's said much and I haven't heard of him.

We've just signed 3 players for 6M and are set to spend more, and one of those players will cost more than this guy. So I don't understand the ambition bit - would we have been more ambitious if we signed the Dutchman instead of Lafferty, and if so, can you enlighten us to why that is so?

Not looking for an argument, I just don't get your point... :confused:

he might be a good player, still young, but we can't just sign anybody just because you or the fans like the look of them.........our management team have probably never heard of some of the names our fans want us to buy....

I think someone mentioned also having a look at Gianni Zuiverloon and he has just signed for West Brom for �£3.2m......