are we going to get a creative midfielder?

We're crying out for a creative midfielder, someone who isn't afriad to run at players and beat them and whose 1st touch isn't back towards his own goal.

And his second touch is a tackle.

We wont be signing any flair players that`s for sure.Look out for more players in the mould of Shittu !!

This Shittu rumour just won't go away. I'm distinctly underwhelmed. What do we want him for when Webster's back in full training and Weir has re-signed?

Oh no - he's not being lined up to replace Carlos is he? Please God, no...

Maybe we don't need one if Walter breaks his youth policy and brings through Fleck. In the game i saw him last season he certainly didn't look out of place.

I can see Fleck being SLOWLY introduced into the team next season.

This Shittu rumour just won't go away. I'm distinctly underwhelmed. What do we want him for when Webster's back in full training and Weir has re-signed?

Oh no - he's not being lined up to replace Carlos is he? Please God, no...

Wash your mouth out with soap,young man. The very thought of it.tut tut.:admin:

We can all see we need an attacking force in midfield. Walter must see that too. But there aren't many available. I think that's where the maloney talk came from. We could always take Hleb off Wenger's hands!

We can all see we need an attacking force in midfield. Walter must see that too. But there aren't many available. I think that's where the maloney talk came from. We could always take Hleb off Wenger's hands!

Could we really? Thought he was Barca bound. Or are you just being flippant?

Could we really? Thought he was Barca bound. Or are you just being flippant?

Merely flippant - as I said I can't really think of anyone around of the quality we want that'll be both in our price range and willing to come to Scotland. I suppose there must be guys out there - if we had seen Cuellar playing the way we have before we signed him, would we have expected him to come to Scotland. So there are bargains to behad, just a case of finding them. That's where I'm afraid we'll struggle.

Look at someone like Luka Modric - if we had had a scouting network, we could've discovered him last summer and picked hm up for 2 or 3 million - now he's at Spurs and cost 16 million.

Realistically, it's guys looking for a last pay day before retirement or youngsters looking at us as a stepping stone. Both have worked well for us in the past, but equally both have been disasterous.