New Home Kit Officially Unveiled

0,,5~3709080,00.jpg

IBROX star Lee McCulloch has officially launched Rangers Football Club's stunning home kit for season 2008/09 at Murray Park.

Adult and junior shirts, shorts and socks will be available to buy on Tuesday and will be worn by the first-team when they play their opening pre-season game against SC Preussen Munster in Germany.

JJB stores nationwide - including the JJB Rangers Megastore at Ibrox Stadium and JJB Rangers standalone stores in Glasgow's Argyle Street, Falkirk and Inverness - will stock the kit and supporters can also order online at http://www.rangersmegastore.com, http://www.jjbsports.com or by calling 0871 702 1972.

The new shirt is traditional Rangers Blue with an embroidered Rangers scroll crest on the left breast, an Umbro logo on the right and is anatomically cut to emphasize the athleticism of the modern player.

0,,5~3709082,00.jpg

It features a hybrid neckline with no exposed seems for added comfort and a twill mesh body fabric which makes it lightweight and breathable.

On the back of the shirt there is a trilogy back panel - a new version of Umbro's lead fabric technology specifically developed to include a zonal body map mesh design - and also features a Saltire on the back neck.

The shirt is complemented by traditional white shorts and black and red socks while the home shorts will also carry the Rangers Charity Foundation logo on the rear for the first time.

Lee McCulloch commented: "The new top looks fantastic, all the boys are looking forward to playing in it and I'm sure the supporters will be keen to get their hands on it too.

"I am also pleased the Rangers Charity Foundation logo will be displayed on the shorts.

"The Foundation works so hard to improve the lives of thousands of people every season and we are delighted it will receive this exposure."

Rangers Charity Foundation Manager, Connal Cochrane, added: "I am delighted the home shorts will display the Foundation's logo in the new season.

"Everyone at the Club is proud of the Foundation's achievements and the fact the players will play in shorts with its logo will really raise awareness."

Think it looks cracking especially in the top photo.

Looks just the same to me.

The McCulloch picture looks much lighter than the Fleck one. Maybe it's something to do with the colour processing. I still think, though, that our colours have become progressively lighter over the years compared to the lat sixties for example.