Dam I never looked, its only ever Johnny or Ian that share the same views on Boyd as I do.......

I think that depends what 'views' you're on about :devil:

I have to agree about Buffel though. He's undoubtedly a talented player, but only showed it in glimpses. I'd say it was more than 2 games but all the same, despite being given numerous chances, he failed to make the sort of impact he was capable of far too often. The same could be said about Sionko and like I've said before, I think it was just down to a poor attitude. Even the man who brought Buffel to Rangers apparently wasn't interested, despite him being available on a free. In the end he had to go back home with his tail between his legs, mumbling nonsense about bigger clubs being after him. Well, they obviously weren't prepared to pay him what we were. Good riddance

So Im not the only one that bites lol :D

Sorry Jon. I don't do gay-chat :lol :fish:

Nah seriously, I do agree with your views on Boyd (as a player) and will continue to defend him when the need arises. He IS our best striker afterall.

He IS our best striker afterall.

I beg to differ but wont start the 867th thread about it.

But disagree on your point about Buffel having a poor attitude. He dug in and played in reserve matches and never made any noises - he was ready to play, its just he didnt get a game because of the 400k fee we had to pay Feyenoord. Now that 400k fee looks peanuts compared to what we are going to have to replace him with! We cant even come up with money for Davis thus far.

What we should have done with Buffel is be honest and say your not playing league matches due to the fee, then asked him to take a drop of wages by a few grand (still more than he is getting in Belguim) and paid the 400k fee - that would have saved us searching for a 4 million pound creative midfielder.

I beg to differ but wont start the 867th thread about it.

But disagree on your point about Buffel having a poor attitude. He dug in and played in reserve matches and never made any noises - he was ready to play, its just he didnt get a game because of the 400k fee we had to pay Feyenoord. Now that 400k fee looks peanuts compared to what we are going to have to replace him with! We cant even come up with money for Davis thus far.

What we should have done with Buffel is be honest and say your not playing league matches due to the fee, then asked him to take a drop of wages by a few grand (still more than he is getting in Belguim) and paid the 400k fee - that would have saved us searching for a 4 million pound creative midfielder.

If WS thought he was worth it I'm sure he would've played him no matter what and gave Feyenoord the �£400k (if that is actually true) and as you say it would have saved us a lot of money from bringing in someone new etc etc. They worked with him every day and obviously thought he wasn't good enough even for any kind of deal to stay on so we got rid, I really don't see any problem in that. How do you know deals were not put to him and he rejected them? He is away and good luck to him, best solution all round.