Likely first choice XI

That's the problem, WS doesn't seem to have signed players to fill the obvious holes in the lineup. Which I guess is why we played the 4-5-1 last season and packed out the midfield.

Can't see us signing three strikers and then going for a basic 4-5-1. A 4-5-1 that more readily turns into a 4-3-3 is a possibility but IMHO the signs are that we might be heading for a 4-4-1-1.

Id be inclined to say who will guarantee us goals but thats just starting another Boyd thread.

Id love us to have the personell to playy 442 with Boyd and Velicka up front. Furman must be in with a shout as apart from him and Adam, do we have any attacking midfielders?

If your good enough, your old enough. Ive said the same thing for a long time.

Trouble is that Furman doesn't look quite good enough -YET. So it seems he's not old enough.

Fleck looks like he's ready to be gently introduced to first team football.

I suppose we will find out on Wednesday, I think Walter will go with a safer option of 4-5-1 with Dailly/Whittaker, McCulloch, Hemdani, Thomson and Adam all possibly starting

I suppose we will find out on Wednesday, I think Walter will go with a safer option of 4-5-1 with Dailly/Whittaker, McCulloch, Hemdani, Thomson and Adam all possibly starting

There will be 17 players playing in the same direction then.:sigh:

No, i think Novo, Miller and JCD are certs although i hope Velicka gets the shout in front of JCD. It will be 4-5-1 but a little more positive than you have Gribz.

Did WS not say that the team that played at the weekend would practically be the same as the midweek game?

From what I listened to JCD was absolute mince and even the commentators were saying that he hasnt shown enough in the last 2 friendlies to warrant a start.

Id like a 442 with Boyd and Velicka up front but cant see there is anyway that WS will do it.

I'd like to see Boyd and Velicka starting too or either of them with Novo. However I think WS will go with either Miller on his own or Cousin. I agree though that I don't think WS knows his best team. I would also bet it would vary radically from the majority of the Gersnetters 'first choice':devil:

Given that your question is what do we think WS thinks is his best 11 and not our own opinion, if everyone was fit and in form, my Watty XI would be

McGregor

Whittaker Weir Cuellar Smith

Novo Ferguson Thomson Beasley

Miller Cousin

And in Europe, Miller would be much deeper, or Hemdani might come in to make 3 in the middle of the park and Cousin up on his own.

Again, not my choice, but given how he has played players when available and what he has said about players when they are missing etc, I think that might be his first choice.