Smith yesterdays man

He came back steadied the ship.Won a few Cups got to a European Final and lost the league by 3 points.

Most people would be happy with that but most of us saw through the lack of tactics and basically the poor football on show was not good enough.

Today we are out of Europe completely.Humbled at home to Liverpool in what has been a very poor pre season for us. He has spent over 8 million pounds on 3 strikers and a centre half[who can play midfield hoo raa].We are three days away to Falkirk in a potential sticky fixture and not one of us on here can name a starting line up we would be confident in taking the 3 points.

So 18 months on where the hell has Smith taken us to...??

My opinion is we are no better off than before,we have no system,we are overloaded with centre halfs and strikers,we are in free fall.

Our Captain is out for another few months,midfield cover is poor,Carlos will be sold either now or in January and we are left with nothing more than average players.

It needs a revolution from top to bottom.

Murray out,Smith and his backroom team out and sadly the majority of the players out.

We were lucky last season, most of us knew that but we were willing to go along with it because we were getting the results. We are being found out now. big time. Apart from Liverpool, we should have beaten every team we played in pre-season with ease, but it has been an up hill struggle since the first ball was kicked. we will be doing well to get a UEFA cup spot next year.

hey, walter got us to a european final. he is beyond critisism. dont dare say a bad word against the man. did i mention he got us to a european final?

GET THE HELL OFF HIS BACK!

You know what your right...lets just settle down and watch more of the same this season.:cheers:

Can just see Bain and SDM sitting at Murray Towers plotting WS demise - Bain will say 'Hey Minted One, lets give the suckers what they want - sack Walter and give the job to Ally. That'll keep the suckers happy for another year'. SDM - 'Great Idea suntanned one, and I'll have another few million of theirs tucked away in my hip pocket'....

Cammy F

Can just see Bain and SDM sitting at Murray Towers plotting WS demise - Bain will say 'Hey Minted One, lets give the suckers what they want - sack Walter and give the job to Ally. That'll keep the suckers happy for another year'. SDM - 'Great Idea suntanned one, and I'll have another few million of theirs tucked away in my hip pocket'....

Cammy F

That ultimate nightmare scenario for me.My hero from his playing days being used as a pawn in this shitty shitty game Murray is playing.

That ultimate nightmare scenario for me.My hero from his playing days being used as a pawn in this shitty shitty game Murray is playing.

Yip, but the blind majority would lap it up - give him time they'ed say, he's one of us they'ed say....

Meanwhile the minted one would be (as usual) laughing all the way to the bank

Cammy F

Very negative again tonight, I said to my neighbour who was round for the game that they were going to have chances in the last fifteen minutes and Walter seemed happy to settle for 1-1 against European minnows. I'm quite disgusted at the moment. Dailly was nothing short of horrific tonight. Our only player-beating man is Nacho, if he gets injured I don't think we'd beat Annan Athletic to be honest, even Annan would be able to keep the ball away from their own keeper and go forward more than us. Walter needs to get shot of this negative 4-5-1 thing and just go back to 4-3-3 like we did with Prso, Arveladze and Novo a few years back.

I have to say well played to Novo, Miller and Papac, our only players tonight. Novo caused the left back a real headache and Miller chased a lot of balls not giving up a lost cause. Sasa Papac should be playing left wing, who'd have thought it ?!?!?!

Most people would be happy with that but most of us saw through the lack of tactics and basically the poor football on show was not good enough.

This is the thing, a lot did see through the football. It was there to see against Queen of the South in the cup final when they outplayed us for parts of the game