Controversial Post

I think we miss Fergie when he doesn't play, but he's no longer the sort of player who can win games on his own almost and pull us up when we're struggling. I do think the players around him play better when he's on the park, so maybe that would have made a difference tonight, but I don't think he's the reason why we're out of Europe. Just as during last season he wasn't the main reason we got to the UEFA Cup Final and blew hot & cold for much of the time.

If he was that influential, he'd have stepped up when we were struggling to beat average teams in the SPL during the run-in. And he's certainly not irreplaceable, its just that the management team have done thing to look towards his long-term replacement when its been obvious for 2 or 3 years that he has become injury-prone.

We lack creativity from midfield and I'm not sure Fergie is the sort of player who can unlock defences any more. He can certainly pull the strings in the midfield and make it tick, but we need others in there to complement him and do the stuff he can't.

So, for all those posters who said that we are, or would be a better team without Barry Ferguson - are you still of that same opinion?

Cammy F

Glossed over this in my rant. Although to be fair, not much needs saying regarding this. It is clearly nonsense.

So, for all those posters who said that we are, or would be a better team without Barry Ferguson - are you still of that same opinion?

Cammy F

An unfair question, as he's been replaced with Christian Dailly. Of course we're worse off without him.

Had he been replaced by Davis, this could have been quite an interesting question.

Yes, but I think things like this and the Boyd, Miller debates could de-rail the bigger and IMO more important discussions. In isolation, I don't think playing Miller or not having Fergie are the reason we've been playing poorly, or lost tonight.

Its a combination of these and many other issues. Playing players out of position; mis-spending the transfer budget; poor scouting; negative tactics; not dropping players when they're off-form or carrying injuries; too many average players in the side etc etc

Not to mention our "leadership".