Boyd's last game?

Boyd is a great, possibly world class striker. .

Absolutely no way is he even a 'great' striker!!!

Great strikers can control a ball and have a bit of movement about them - they know the basics. To compare Boyd in the same class as Henry, Rooney, Drogba and Torres (who are world class and great) is laughable.

We have debated the 4-5-1 for so long now.....

I actually think that it is a GOOD formation IF you have the wide players.

Last season, for the most part, our tactics were two-fold

Defending - 4-5-1

Attacking - 4-3-3

I think it works if the wide players are pacy, can beat players but also have the stamina to carry out defensive duties.

I dont think it is irrelevant that we lost our way in this formation when Beasley, Naismith, Burke went out injured.

And I think it is a formation that actually could work very well for us and it can be a whole lot more attacking than WS is being given credit for.

Agreed Craig, I like the 4-5-1 when it can be turned into a 4-3-3 aswell. We just need the wide players. Novo is ideal on the right as he is also a striker then Lafferty or Beasley would be my choices on the left. Having a mobile goalscorer like Velicka in the middle could complete the trio.

But I still think there could be a shout for a 3-5-2. We have a lack of full backs plus our options at RB are terrible. We prefer 5 in the midfield to dicate games and we also want 2 upfront - 3-5-2 would be the answer but again this HAS to be played correctly and unlike Smiths first reign when he had people all over the place.

Absolutely no way is he even a 'great' striker!!!

Great strikers can control a ball and have a bit of movement about them - they know the basics. To compare Boyd in the same class as Henry, Rooney, Drogba and Torres (who are world class and great) is laughable.

Yeah, righty-ho. Just because he doesn't fanny around with the ball & what? do step-overs? - that makes him not a great striker? Pull the other one. He's one of the best GOAL scorers we've ever had run out in an RFC shirt, but he's not a great striker? You're havin' a laugh!!!

If he was a great striker, we wouldn't have gotten him for �£400,000 and he wouldn't be playing in the backwater that is the SPL. As many threads have developed into a 'he's the greatest' v 'he's not the greatest' - I'll leave it at that.....

As for his performance on Saturday - dreadful in the first half - better in the 2nd - but to be fair to Boyd, that could be said of the majority of the players on Saturday.

Cammy F

he's not a great striker but he's a good striker who should be getting better, if he had a good partner he would score more, he's a goal scorer not an all rounder, also if he had better deliveries from midfield he would score even more......IMO.......

I am not a Boyd supporter. Personally i don't think you can teach people ball control i think it is a talent you are born with. You can improve with practice but Boyd's lack of it and overall fitness leave a lot to be desired. Fitness level is a thing you can improve on but Boyd doesn't seem interested enough to get himself fit and sharper.