Boyd's last game?

Didn't see this myself but my old boss texted me to say that Boyd was in tears after the game today. His last game possibly?

I would be gutted if that's true. I thought he played pretty well today. His knock on pretty much set up the goal and but for a half-yard it would have been his instead of Velicka's. He was also tracking back quite a bit which was good to see.

Will be totally gutted as you.

Agree also, I thought he played ok today. They tried to link together, he won his fair share of headers and he was in for a fair few tackles.

Thought he was shite in the first half but had a better second half. Very lazy first half but second half tried a bit more.

Would prefer to see him to stay but if we can replace him with a decent creative midfielder then fair play.

TBH I would rather keep Boyd and sell Miller - but that isnt going to happen.

If we get a decent fee then its good and as Craig says we may get a creative midfielder out of it.

He had a stinker in the first half then tried a bit more in the 2nd half, nothing to justify praise other than a good flick on for the goal, but he should be doing that week in week out anyway.

RANGERS striker Kris Boyd is a �£2.75million target for German giants Bayer Leverkusen and Cologne.

MailSport can reveal both clubs have studied DVDs of the prolific Scotland international and have been impressed.

Leverkusen's interest is strongest and they may send a member of their coaching staff to watch Boyd againstHearts at Ibrox on Saturday.

The Bundesliga sides like Boyd's style of play and hope they can agree a fee with Rangers who have been hit hard financially by last week's shock European exit.

They have made background checks on the 24-year-old - who started the 1-0 SPL win over Falkirk yesterday - and the feedback has been positive.

Gers would like to keep Boyd and offload Jean-Claude Darcheville and Daniel Cousin but there are no takers for either striker now.

And that leaves Boyd as the biggest asset for the club to sell as they try to recoup some of the lost Euro cash.

The striker is happy at Ibrox but it's understood Boyd's camp is aware of the German interest and the player would be willing to move abroad.

However, no bid has been made from either Bundesliga outfit yet - although that could change by the start of next week.

Boyd has also been linked with Cardiff but will NOT be moving to the Championship.

The Scotland star has told friends that move is a complete non-starter.

But a switch down south could still be on the cards as Middlesbrough are keeping an eye on developments.

You've got to ask yourself - if big Bundesliga clubs rate him, then why can't we fit him in to our systems? He can't be that bad a player. I'd much rather Cousin went (because of his attitude not his ability) or Darcheville who's always going to struggle for fitness.

Maybe we should have a poll on our strikers and place them in order of merit for starting places.

I would rather Cousin went due to his attitude as well. Re JCD I would quite like to see him stay but to be used as a sub, he seems to also be an impact player - we seemed to up the tempo a bit when he came on.

But I would still like to keep Boyd - even though I think Boyd and Velicka seem to be a decent pairing I got the feeling at times yesterday that they were very similar and finding themselves in the same place at the same time (look at the goal and they were both fighting for tha ball at the back post - I prefer to see two strikers with one going near post and the other at the back).