our real level of ambition

what is our real level of ambition? when alan hutton left for spurs and quite a few of us asked the very question.

Now we know.

Suddenly a player who hasnt been fit enough to kick a competitive ball for Rangers is fit enough to sign for Aston Villa.

We are told that "he wanted to leave" when in fact the player himself has stated that he was only too happy to stay and see out his contract at Ibrox.

The bottom line is we have been lied to by our club. Cuellar has been touted round the premiership since the end of last season (I even posted the news on this site) and it has come to be.

Our real level of ambition?

Weir, daily, McCulloch, Miller, Broadfoot, whitaker.

makes great reading doesnt it.

At this moment i have to say i am considering my position as a Rangers supporter. I feel i am being taken for a fool by Murray, Bain & smith. we have been fed with mediocrity on and of the park for far too long and unless that something changes significantly very soon i will be hanging up my scarf and will have nothing to do with the club untill all three are out the door.

those three are a damned disgrace. To us and the club that we love.

Our real level of ambition?

Weir, daily, McCulloch, Miller, Broadfoot, whitaker.

Get used to it mate. McLeish signed a few average run of mill SPL guys aswell except they were just younger. Its what Murray has turned Rangers into and the level we can buy is dropping and dropping.

As someone else mentioned, we'll sign the likes of Quashie (who hasnt kicked a ball for 15 months) for the midfield and that will be our midfielder we crave.

Do we just roll over and accept the level of mediocrity that has become the norm for murray bain and co?

its just not bloody good enough and the Ibrox heirachy must be shown that the we the fans are not accepting it.

im fucking livid with the way we are being treated.

Time to start campaigning for change, starting at the top.

Don't get me wrong now I am just as furious as the next man about the sale of CC but let's get things into perspective here. With the signing of Bougharra(sp) alongside Weir with Broadfoot, Webster and possibly Daily as cover we should have more than enough experience for a strong attempt at the SPL, considering we have no european football the size of squad we all estimated is no longer required (we will have approx 15 less games than last season). Now to get 7.5 or 8 million for a player that we would have been doing well to keep for another season is actually not bad (next summer after no european football his value would have dropped further)

The question as to the level of our ambition is, will this money be put towards a midfielder or two or is it just to make up the shortfall of no european football?

I am in total agreement with Giesabeer i also am losing faith in the Club under the current structure and management.

We have become a stepping stone to the likes of Aston Villa.

We cant compete with the English Premiership on transfer money and wages

so when they come calling its time up.

But i wish we showed some resolve in when this situation arises but we seem to be pimping our best players to anyone in England who will listen to line SDM's pockets so he can sell up with all debts clear and sail off into the sunset.

I am totally gutted Cuellar has left but hold no grudges against him but if Rangers sell Alan McGregor and Kris Boyd by the end of the current transfer window i am in the same boat as giesabeer and will also hangup my scarf and not return to Ibrox until Sir David Murray no longer owns our football club.

...but we got to the UEFA Cup Final......

We won two cups and narrowly lost out in the league....

:ffs:

I'm sure many people who hang up their scarves would be grabbing them again if we got to another European final...

for those of you who think CC left because of our elimination from Europe. I posted this last June.

http://www.gersnetonline.net/vb/showthread.php?t=7316

This why i am mad. its not something that has happened over the weekend. its been part of Murray and bains bigger picture.

Dont believe the lies that you are fed.