Your MoM v Hearts  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Your MoM v Hearts

• Allan McGregor
    • Madjid Bougherra
    • Kevin Thomson
    • Pedro Mendes
    • Kyle Lafferty

If it wasn't for WHO he is Ferguson would struggle to get back into the team if Thomson and Mendes maintain that type of playing relationship. Thomson and Mendes almost immediately seemed to complement each other incredibly well.

They inter-changed forward bursts, neat little one touch passes, generally seemed to know where each other would be at all times. I was very impressed with how well they seemed to complement each other given they had not trained together at all.

That is the problem once Walter gets them on the training field the confusion will creep in.:sigh:

With the right service boyd and velichka will do well. i dont think lafferty and McCulloch provided one decent ball to the strikers yesterday. beadsley and miller showed the two of them up big time when they came on.

mind what WS said when he signed Lafferty, I will play him in his right position as a striker, that's what he is, he's not a winger IMO. boyd and velicka are too similar for me to work together, not much pace, not much movement and they need balls to feet or head.

We're only 2 games into the season though. It may turn out that they are but only time will tell.

Who knows what WS will decide to do up front, its anyones guess. Id still definitely Cousin leaves, regardless of whatever talent he may have.

JCD cant seem to last 90 minutes, and MIller seems to offer more on the right, he wont get the goals playing up front i dont think.

As I said, its anyones guess.

Boyd and Velicka seem too similar to be played together, but I thought Velicka looked much better in pre-season than he has done since. I still think a settled strike pairing who complement each other is the way forward.

My feelings were pretty clear on Cousin and they haven't changed, he disgraced the jersey and should have been out on his arse at the end of last season. JCD and Miller are too similar, but Miller seems to be much fitter and less injury prone, so JCD could go. I'd be interested to see what Lafferty could do up front alongside Velicka for example.