Deadline Transfer Latest: Cousin OUT; Gow OUT

At least we made a small profit on him, transfer fee-wise. We had to offset some of our recent spending and get a couple of players off the wage bill.

I take it we still have Darche and Hemdani?

What is our squad now - not including those away on loan?

I make it:

MacGregor Alexander Smith

Broadfoot Whittaker

Weir Brougherra Dailly

Papac Smith

Davis Novo Burke

Mendes Ferguson Thomson Edu Hemdani

Beasley Adam McCulloch Aaron Naismith

Miller Boyd Valicka Lafferty Darcheville Fleck

That's 29 which is 2 more than last year.

Looking at it, it seems we are a bit light in defence, especially the centre.

Looking again I'd like 1 less striker, 3 less midfielders and 3 more defenders.

IE 3 goalies, 10 defenders, 10 midfielders and 5 strikers.

I'd probably choose Darche to go from the forwards. Burke, McCulloch and Hemdani from midfield.

Looking at it, it seems we are a bit light in defence, especially the centre.

Papac and Broadfoot provide extra cover for the centre so that makes 5. If you count Edu and Hemdani (while he's still here) as additional defensive cover, then it balances itself out to some extent.

Cal, I hate being pedantic (OK, I don't....) but it is BOUGHERRA, there is no "R" between the "B" and "O".

We are definitely light at CB - however Broadfoot did a pretty decent job when he was in there at the start of the season.

The midfielders you suggested leaving would be fine but I wouldn't bother either way if we lost Adam too - actually, and this may sound controversial, I would rather get rid of Adam than Burke - reason being that we have Beasley and Aaron on the left side of midfield but we are light on the right, using Davis (a natural CM) and Novo (natural forward) as makeshift RM's. At least Burke is a natural RM - and though he is much maligned, when we played the 4-5-1 last season he and Naismith actually looked the part - he is injury prone though.

I would rather get rid of Adam than Burke

I would rather keep them both. They're both players with a good few years ahead of them. If Adam can develop the weaker sides of his game and stay fit, he'll be a real asset. With Burke it's more a case of avoiding injury and playing to his abilities. He's one of the most talented players to come through in the past decade, but he is definitely too injury prone. However, it's still a worry that he could move to another club and reach his potential, staying injury free in the process.

I would rather keep them both. They're both players with a good few years ahead of them. If Adam can develop the weaker sides of his game and stay fit, he'll be a real asset. With Burke it's more a case of avoiding injury and playing to his abilities. He's one of the most talented players to come through in the past decade, but he is definitely too injury prone. However, it's still a worry that he could move to another club and reach his potential, staying injury free in the process.

I think people forget that Charlie is still only 22. People deride Walter for not playing youth and then deride him for playing Adam.

I agree that Adam isn't the finished article but Walter obviously sees something in him and he received quite a few plaudits for Saturday, as did the much maligned Broadfoot. Adam, however, would be my fourth choice for midfielders to leave and if he's in Walter's plans, his choice is pretty much moot.

Neither Burke nor Adam would be my first choice players. However, Burke has become one of the biggest disappointments as he showed great flashes of skill when he was a few years younger and I think most of us expected him to have matured into a first choice player by now.

The fact he held the club to ransom gets to me as he's not worth anywhere near the 13 grand a week he got in the end - especially as is hardly ever fit - it should have been a pay per play deal.

In the end he nows seems a far WORSE player than he was about four years ago and I can't see much of a future for him at Rangers. He'll probably end up in the Championship if he's lucky.