charlie adam

Guest easterhouse64

Not enough to justify the player he keeps off the pitch.

And just who is 'the player he keeps off the pitch?' Beasley? Aaron? McCulloch? Lafferty? Actually I thought he did o.k. at the helldome. Was there for his defensive work, tracking back, keeping Hinkel and Nakamura quiet. His confidence is gone. Would help if he didn't get the Broadfoot treatment.

Sometimes i like Adam sometimes i don't

Adam's game could be compared to golf at times, a bad shot, pass etc at the start of the game then that will continue throughout the match., May as well take him off after it, although if he gets a good shot in, cross etc he will have a good match after that.

To be honest i am not comparing im to The Hammer but he has some qualities like him, isn't fast, good left foot, isn't scared of trying something different.

His confidence is gone. Would help if he didn't get the Broadfoot treatment.

Agreed. It's disgraceful the way we treat our youths. You've got to wonder how many we've written off, before they've had a proper chance to develop. IMO even Barry Ferguson might have struggled if Advocaat hadn't made him skipper.

A few weeks ago we had fans crying out for the likes of Fleck to be given a chance, but to be honest WS would be crazy to throw a player of that age to the wolves. It's different if they're foreign, especially if we've signed them for a few �£million. Then we seem to give them all the time they need to settle in.

With our own however it's a different story ...As if we expect them to be pre-conditioned to our levels of expectation and the consequences of the slightest dip in form.

With the likes of Adam, we've got a good young player who's already shown that he has huge potential and can perform at a consistent level (at every level) over the course of a season. Yet at the first opportunity we've given up on him.

We seem to concentrate far too much on the negatives instead of just giving lads like Adam our encouragement and leaving it to the coaching staff to keep them headed in the right direction.