Why McCulloch stepped away from Scotland

Guest stv

After the press attention surrounding Lee McCulloch's retiral from international football, we've made sure to have him explain in his own words - without any leading questions or sensationalist edit - why he decided to stop playing for Scotland, and why he had never intended for this choice to be announced at a time that might undermine the team. You can find it here:

http://video.stv.tv/bc/Sport/sport-interviews/

Are STV really so desperate for hits on its website to generate advertising income that it employs people to go posting on football fans messageboards with wee clips of football realted stories?

It must be in bigger trouble than we thought.

Perhaps some unbiased sports reporting these last few years would have been a better way to generate interest from Rangers fans?

Are STV really so desperate for hits on its website to generate advertising income that it employs people to go posting on football fans messageboards with wee clips of football realted stories?

It must be in bigger trouble than we thought.

Perhaps some unbiased sports reporting these last few years would have been a better way to generate interest from Rangers fans?

Would you prefer us to be so high and mighty that we believed we never need to let anyone - who doesn't already read the site - know about relevant new content?

I've not been here long at stv (hence why I can't reply to your last question with any degree of authority), but I think it's healthy to be on forums like these. And that's even without getting some slice of the advertising income...

Can't speak for everyone but don't think anyone on here would be interested in clicking your link.

Rangers fans aren't interested in factually incorrect biased broadcasting companies who look to tarnish our name at any opportunity.

If you're just here to advertise for your new employers i'd move along swiftly.

The guy previously posted links of SDM's interviews, which were as good an interview with him as we've seen for a while. I wouldn't have have seen them otherwise.

He doesn't appear to be abusing it, and as long as it's relevant, I personally don't see the harm in the post. He's not misleading anyone. We each have the choice of whether to watch it.

There are other organisations that have proved as anti-Rangers as STV. BBC Scotland, the Record, the Sun, the Herald, the Times etc. Can we all say that we don't have anything to do with any of them?

STV & other media org's are definitely going to browse forums like this to gauge the moods & opinions of football fans, so I don't see any real issue with them posting links to relevant articles &/or interviews as well. It's not as if it's spam after all.

Having said all that, I'd like to point out that a direct link to the given article or interview would be the way to do it, rather than linking us to a general STV sports homepage which is either laziness, stupidity or crafty marketing.

cheers

No problem with our media friend posting informative links.

Maybe he can repay the favour occasionally though and get us some inside info?

I'd also hope he takes a full part in the forum if relevant questions are asked of his organisation in the future.

;)