Rangers V Bolton Cancelled

RANGERS Football Club, despite having a contract in place and previous approval from Greater Manchester Police to play a pre-season friendly against Bolton Wanderers at the Reebok Stadium on Tuesday 25 July, are astonished to learn that this match has been cancelled on the recommendation of the local Match Commander.

The reason given to Rangers by Greater Manchester Police is that they are "unable to provide the Policing service to meet the needs of the event."

Rangers FC has exhausted the avenues of appeal to open it and have now no alternative but to accept the decision.

The Club apologises to the 2,362 fans who have already purchased tickets in Glasgow and made arrangements to travel. The circumstances however, are totally outwith our control.

A full ticket refund, including booking fees, will be made to all fans.

The match is now scheduled to be played behind closed doors in Glasgow on Tuesday, 25 July.

From Rangers official site. Thats really poor. If you dont have the resources to cover the game then dont agree to it in the first place. Who's going to refund the fans who've already paid to go to the game and have no doubt paid for deposits, travel tickets etc?

From Rangers official site. Thats really poor. If you dont have the resources to cover the game then dont agree to it in the first place. Who's going to refund the fans who've already paid to go to the game and have no doubt paid for deposits, travel tickets etc?

Once again, us the LOYAL Rangers fans have been fucked over and Rangers sit back and do NOTHING (that wishy-washy statement aside).

Greater Manchester Police had no problem with 20,000 IRA loving scumbags invading a city that was blown up by the scum, yet cancel OUR game after many fans have paid (non-refundable deposits) for flights, trains, buses, hotels etc...

See what happens when your club continually refuses to stand up for you? You get fucked over by EVERYONE.

Cammy F - Really, Really Pissed Loyal RSC

Just what can Rangers do against GMP though Cammy ? If they won't police it and shut it down because they SAY they can't police it then Rangers can't do much about it.

If Rangers do have a contract with the GMP then surely they can take this further? Or at least make GMP explain what has happened in the last 2 weeks to alter their ability to Police this event.

I have looked at the web and NO OTHER club in this area are playing that night and there are no concerts, marches, etc on in this area - so why have they changed their minds?

Cammy F

Once again, us the LOYAL Rangers fans have been fucked over and Rangers sit back and do NOTHING (that wishy-washy statement aside).

Greater Manchester Police had no problem with 20,000 IRA loving scumbags invading a city that was blown up by the scum, yet cancel OUR game after many fans have paid (non-refundable deposits) for flights, trains, buses, hotels etc...

See what happens when your club continually refuses to stand up for you? You get fucked over by EVERYONE.

Cammy F - Really, Really Pissed Loyal RSC

I understand your anger. Hell, I share it. But you seem to be taking every opportunity you can to slander Rangers.

I understand your anger. Hell, I share it. But you seem to be taking every opportunity you can to slander Rangers.

Where have I 'slandered' Rangers? All I said was that this is what happens when our club and more importantly, the board, sit back and let everyone take pot-shots at us.

Our club is rotten at the top - it is being run by men who don't have the best interests of Rangers Football Club at heart. If that is slander, I hope they sue me...

Cammy F