UEFA deem 'Huns' acceptable

Guest damien

I must be missing something here, perhaps you could help me out. Exactly where did I throw stones or make personal attack on anyone? It's kind of ironic while debating this particular topic that someone should be so willingly offended. ;)

Yes you probably are missing something.

Ironic! No, it is because it is while we are debating these kinds of topics that you seem to think that everyone should think like you. If anyone makes a valid point against your argument then you throw up the very smoke and mirrors that David Murray is said to have. Debating is not about bullying people into submission it is about putting your side of the argument across and answering other peoples points. You don't seem to have the ability to answer when the going gets tough.

That is just my opinion of course.

Anyway if you want to argue further do it privately as this is not stuff for the main boards.

Today they've resurrected the famine song issue in their wee campaign.... New Reid article on the BBC regarding the famine song

:mad::(

And I quote:

Rangers also sought guidance from Strathclyde Police on the matter with a view to making singing the song an arrestable offence, although the Rangers Supporters Trust defended the chant, saying it was not racist, and no worse than any other football song.

End of Quote.

With a view to making the singing the song an arrestable offence, who the fukk needs enemies.

So we are now believing what BBC Scotland tell us?

Not me mate. Just thought it was lets say .. erm, odd.. that the BBC & el twaticus Reid have published that article & brought the issue back into the limelight. Without meaning to state the obvious, you could be forgiven for thinking that those saying there's an ongoing underhand & dastardly religious/political campaign against RFC are correct.

I suppose you need to reid into it slightly. ;)

If these critical sections of BBC sport reporting really aren't biased, then why raise the issue again by printing that article with John Reid spouting all that tripe about Celtic's commitment to tackling sectarianism & their fans' wonderful reputation garbage? Answer? Well, my guess is that drivel like this is the BBC response to protests outside their building in Glasgow. They're laughing up their sleeves & quite literally taking the hit'n'miss out of us. On-ze-wind-up. It's the typical smart ass mentality of someone who when spotting that saying or doing a particular thing annoys someone else, persists in doing it for their own & their friends or peers' amusement. So my take on it (as I voiced before the 'protest') is that complaining to the BBC isn't just a waste of time, but is potentially (even apparently) counter productive.

Not me mate. Just thought it was lets say .. erm, odd.. that the BBC & el twaticus Reid have published that article & brought the issue back into the limelight. Without meaning to state the obvious, you could be forgiven for thinking that those saying there's an ongoing underhand & dastardly religious/political campaign against RFC are correct.

My comment was aimed at JMS.

Just because the BBC say that Rangers were looking to make the song an arrestable offence doesn't mean that they were.

My comment was aimed at JMS.

Just because the BBC say that Rangers were looking to make the song an arrestable offence doesn't mean that they were.

I think you will find the your leader would get that quote withdrawn if he was misquoted as he has history in that dept.

And for your info I do not take anything at all which is written down in the mhedia or even on this site as being correct until I have looked into it.

As regards that quote I was doing what it said on the tin commenting.

Hold up..... Reid can't have this both ways.

I quote Reid himself : "Few of those who sing this song will have stopped to think that famine is non-sectarian and the millions of people who died or were forced into mass emigration - some of them to Scotland - were from all faiths and traditions within Ireland"

So he is actually saying that 1) famine is non-sectarian and 2) those immigrants were from all faiths and traditions.

My question therefore is that if the "problem" in the song is that line "the famine is over, why don't you go home" then he himself by his own statement is saying that it is NOT sectarian.

To look at it another way, is he inferring that Rangers fans singing the song are suggesting that all Celtic fans are of a particular faith and that Celtic are not actually inclusive as a club ? Or is he simply "assuming" that the Rangers fans are doing so ? As far as I can see he is making the assumption and that, in and of itself, isnt enough to make this a sectarian song.

I am happy to stand corrected on my way of thinking.