Player's diets

My bird works in a popular city centre restaurant. Charlie Adam was in recently and ordered 2 main courses. One battered chicken and a stuffed whole sea bass dish for his "side". He then demanded brown sauce for his sea bass. I can understand Le Guen's frustration:D

He "demanded" brown sauce? Is that real or did he just say, "Could I have some brown sauce, please?"

Chicken and fish are pretty healthy and while putting brown sauce on bass seems like culinary chavishness (although maybe the fish was just too bland) it won't exactly ruin your waistline.

The question is how much batter and chips did he eat as well as other unhealthy parts of the meal?

He may have ordered two main courses because a) he can afford it and b) wanted the greater protein serving. He's also a professional athlete who needs more calories than mere mortals. His portion would even look puny compare to Phelps or Pudzianowski.

Sorry but your story has all the spin and lack of clarification of a story in the sun...

The batter certainly won't help his diet but the sea bass will have lots of good Omega fats in it but as Cal says, pro athletes need higher calorific intake anyway so it shouldn't matter too much (Phelps calorie inhtake is off the charts !!).

I suspect that this is more of a story because it was Charlie Adam - had it been Mendes or Bougherra or Davis et al then because they don't "seem" to be overweight then it is a non-story.

He "demanded" brown sauce? Is that real or did he just say, "Could I have some brown sauce, please?"

Chicken and fish are pretty healthy and while putting brown sauce on bass seems like culinary chavishness (although maybe the fish was just too bland) it won't exactly ruin your waistline.

The question is how much batter and chips did he eat as well as other unhealthy parts of the meal?

He may have ordered two main courses because a) he can afford it and b) wanted the greater protein serving. He's also a professional athlete who needs more calories than mere mortals. His portion would even look puny compare to Phelps or Pudzianowski.

Sorry but your story has all the spin and lack of clarification of a story in the sun...

LOL Jesus christ it's a wee story about Charlie wanting broon sauce with with his sea bass. I doubt my girlfriend counted the amount of chips he ate, or if he picked off the batter, but I will ask her for you, for the purposes of clarification of course. She may well say "who gives a fuck?"And yes it's a funny story cos Charlie looks fat on the park as we all can see.:flipa:

Craig since you mention it Mendes was also in recently and shock horror only had one main course. He probably doesn't need the same amount of protein as Charlie;)

I don't think I'm somehow the big man cos a couple of footballers went to my bird's place of work. I just thought it was a funny story.:rolleyes:

"Spin and lack of clarification indeed". It's a forum not a newspaper mate and I am a Rangers fan!!!

LOL Jesus christ it's a wee story about Charlie wanting broon sauce with with his sea bass. I doubt my girlfriend counted the amount of chips he ate, or if he picked off the batter, but I will ask her for you, for the purposes of clarification of course. She may well say "who gives a fuck?"And yes it's a funny story cos Charlie looks fat on the park as we all can see.:flipa:

Craig since you mention it Mendes was also in recently and shock horror only had one main course. He probably doesn't need the same amount of protein as Charlie;)

I don't think I'm somehow the big man cos a couple of footballers went to my bird's place of work. I just thought it was a funny story.:rolleyes:

"Spin and lack of clarification indeed". It's a forum not a newspaper mate and I am a Rangers fan!!!

I wasn't getting at you my man. What is the restaurant as it seems it may be a nice place to eat !

I wasn't getting at you my man. What is the restaurant as it seems it may be a nice place to eat !

I know mate that reply was mostly for Cal. The restaurant's on Sauchiehall st. Not worth the trip from Bermuda I might add!

I know mate that reply was mostly for Cal. The restaurant's on Sauchiehall st. Not worth the trip from Bermuda I might add!

Don't worry Cotter we're not going to hound your Mrs you can name the restaurant :D :D

I wouldn't mind a nice meal and a swatch on a Thursday night :flipa:

We all slag off the tabloids and even the so called quality newspapers for taking a single fact and then wording it in a way that disparages people without any real informational backup. So why not point out when a person is doing the same thing?

You're implying Charlie is fat because he had chicken and fish for a main course but your assertion isn't backed up by information as both those foods can be very healthy and the portion size could reflect a high protein diet of a person who trains and plays sport regularly - and you don't even tell us how much of it he ate.

So it's either a non story or you're presenting it in a certain way designed to make Charlie look bad.

It's what the Sun do all the time and we tend to hate them for it, so why should we accept it from a fellow supporter. Even the use of "damanded" looks suspect as it makes the player look arrogant.

From the facts you give I just can't be sure your being fair on the guy and so pointed it out so that other people don't just take it at face value.

The guy could be an arrogant, fat pig, but none of the information you give really backs that up. It's the information that's missing that's worrying to me.

I've no problem with people presenting plain facts but whether you realise it or not you definitely spun the story to make Charlie look like an arrogant fool who eats too much...

It just shows you how easy it is to allow our prejudices colour the facts in an attempt to make a story more interesting.

LOL Jesus christ it's a wee story about Charlie wanting broon sauce with with his sea bass.

Sorry, I thought the crux of it was that he had two main courses...

The brown sauce sounds weird but that depends on how well the fish was cooked and seasoned.

PS Plenty of chefs put tomato ketchup in their recipes...