Foreign Investor rumour

According to the Sunday Express foreign investors are showing an interest in Rangers and Watford.

Sorry, I'm not IT literate enough to be able to post a link, but some of you technofiles could do it for me!

Wonder if the bears on here would accept ANY bid. I actually trust SDM despite Maineflyer's reservations to sell to a bidder who is fully in the club's interests. That does not mean I want him to hang around forever.

According to the Sunday Express foreign investors are showing an interest in Rangers and Watford.

Sorry, I'm not IT literate enough to be able to post a link, but some of you technofiles could do it for me!

Wonder if the bears on here would accept ANY bid. I actually trust SDM despite Maineflyer's reservations to sell to a bidder who is fully in the club's interests. That does not mean I want him to hang around forever.

You need to read my posts more carefully then. I have expressed no reservation about who Murray should sell to. Neither have I ever expressed and reservation that he should hesitate to sell.

What I have said is that while Murray continually states that HE has reservations and will only sell to someone who HE believes has the "best interests of Rangers at heart", he has NEVER once told us on what criteria he would base that judgement. I have often criticise his stance on this matter as pure obfuscation from a very shady character indeed.

For the avoidance of further doubt, I think Murray has been and continues to be fundamentally dishonest with the support, has no long term strategy, cannot select good people around him, has created and maintained the rift between club and support, has no understanding of the passions people feel for this club, and has had a hugely detrimental effect on the fortunes of Rangers.

Only irrational fear of the unknown binds people to Murray, who does his utmost to maintain that dependency.

You need to read my posts more carefully then. I have expressed no reservation about who Murray should sell to. Neither have I ever expressed and reservation that he should hesitate to sell.

What I have said is that while Murray continually states that HE has reservations and will only sell to someone who HE believes has the "best interests of Rangers at heart", he has NEVER once told us on what criteria he would base that judgement. I have often criticise his stance on this matter as pure obfuscation from a very shady character indeed.

For the avoidance of further doubt, I think Murray has been and continues to be fundamentally dishonest with the support, has no long term strategy, cannot select good people around him, has created and maintained the rift between club and support, has no understanding of the passions people feel for this club, and has had a hugely detrimental effect on the fortunes of Rangers.

Only irrational fear of the unknown binds people to Murray, who does his utmost to maintain that dependency.

MF -think that a punctuation mark has caused misunderstanding! Should have put commas before and after "despite Mf's reservations" - meaning reservations about SDM full stop! I just meant to say that I don't wish the club to be sold to just anybody, and I think SDM is sincere enough in this. Despite our wish for fresh and new investment, would you really want RFC to be put into the hands of,say, Vladimir Romanov? This is where our debate should now start; we have at last received rumours of possible foreign interest and we know that Murray WILL sell - it's clear that his heart is not really in it any more. BTW, didn't he originally try to buy Ayr United?

There's no "at last" about it. I've seen many rumours about possible buyers. Murray has even "admitted" openly to receiving enquiries.

I don't want the club sold to just anyone either, no one does. But Murray needs to go and, as far as I can see, there is absolutely no tangible evidence that he has any intention of doing so - and certainly not with the best interests of the club in mind.

There is no longer the luxury of sitting on the fence, thinking we can coast along. One look at the club's decline these last ten years should tell anyone that Murray's departure has become is a matter of some urgency for this club. His ridiculous outpourings at last week's AGM show how little grasp he has of the situation and how far he is prepared to go to defend his own personal position, rather than that of the club.

12 October 2008

Eastern promise at Ibrox?

EXCLUSIVE RANGERS CREDIT CRUNCH CRISIS How financial mayhem is hitting football

By Steve Bates

Rangers have become the surprise target for TWO groups of investors from Eastern Europe looking to gain a foothold in British football.

The consortiums, one from Hungary and the other from Romania, have looked at Rangers and Championship side Watford as the two clubs with potential for a takeover.

They see acquiring Rangers as a viable project, with the club's vast fan base, history and tradition an incentive despite current financial difficulties at Ibrox.

Advertisement

With Arab owners expected to flood into football after buying Manchester City, Rangers fans would prefer that option. East European money would not be their first choice - particularly after the problems with Lithuanian owner Vladimir Romanov at Hearts.

But Rangers need new reserves of cash especially after suffering a disastrous Champions League qualifying-round exit earlier this summer.

That exit could cost Rangers anything up to �£10million in lost TV fees and appearance money - but the two consortiums are looking beyond that.

Just three days ago Ibrox chairman Sir David Murray told the Rangers annual meeting that after 20 years serving the club, it is still his intention to sell - but only to the right buyers.

"I have made it quite clear that eventually I have to go. I could have sold the club two or three times but it's not about money for me and I've said that repeatedly," he said.

Prefer the Arab option but we would probably get linked to Al-Qaeda in the press.:brick:

There's no "at last" about it. I've seen many rumours about possible buyers. Murray has even "admitted" openly to receiving enquiries.

I don't want the club sold to just anyone either, no one does. But Murray needs to go and, as far as I can see, there is absolutely no tangible evidence that he has any intention of doing so - and certainly not with the best interests of the club in mind.

There is no longer the luxury of sitting on the fence, thinking we can coast along. One look at the club's decline these last ten years should tell anyone that Murray's departure has become is a matter of some urgency for this club. His ridiculous outpourings at last week's AGM show how little grasp he has of the situation and how far he is prepared to go to defend his own personal position, rather than that of the club.

I want murray to go to but not just to anyone. you only need to look at the state of hearts who jumped on the band wagon as soon as some one flashed the dosh and delivered a lot of false promises.

I worry about the state of football on a whole. The arse fell out of german football and the EPL is starting to go a bit wobbly around the knees as well. Football has become a plaything for the mega rich which is all fine and dandy for the moment but no one has a clue what will happen when they all become dissinterested.

Sooner or later the shit will hit the fan. that is for sure.

One potential issue to be considered is whether foreign investors would "get it". Whilst we know that SDM doesn't do his job to the full in defending the club and it's support against the detractors we have NO IDEA if new owners would understand it, let alone deal with it.

The finances can be a great boost and I am certainly one that wishes to see SDM go, especially if he no longer wants to be here but it really does need to be someone that wants to progress the club and not just have a plaything.

One potential issue to be considered is whether foreign investors would "get it". Whilst we know that SDM doesn't do his job to the full in defending the club and it's support against the detractors we have NO IDEA if new owners would understand it, let alone deal with it.

The finances can be a great boost and I am certainly one that wishes to see SDM go, especially if he no longer wants to be here but it really does need to be someone that wants to progress the club and not just have a plaything.

A group of really rich Rangers supporters who can work together for the club would be my choice with ordinary supporters also having more of a pull. I am not really happy at the east block interest.

There's clearly nothing to worry about, since Murray has done an Alistair Darling and "guaranteed" the future of Rangers. As sole arbitrator, he has undertaken to sell only to someone who will be good for Rangers.

Mind you, after twenty years, I don't think he's yet figured out for himself what that actually means.