Reserves Latest - St Mirren v Rangers

Good to see Fergie get a decent run out then.

Stevie Smith too :thup:

Papac has gone from strength to strength, but Smith was like a left sided Alan Hutton before his injury and before Hutton really began performing again.

How Fergie was being considered for the Hamilton game when as far as I was aware he was always to play about an hour in this game is beyond me. I think he needs much more than an hour of a reserve match before being considered for the first team. Tbh I would not even consider him for ICT but fully expect him to be on the bench this weekend.

Great to see Barry, Velicka, McCulloch and Smith all getting run outs. Really looking forward to seeing a fit Barry Ferguson without no injuries this season

Btw has anyone watched Loy at all ? he is on fire for the reserves

is velicka ever going to get a game? i know he played an extra bit of the season, but he's as natural a finisher as boyd i think and more mobile. he must be up for a shout ahead of darche who really has underperformed. still think he's a good player though.

Apparently Velicka is looking rather uninterested in the reserves of late - after a spell out with a virus.

No doubt he could be a useful player but there were always problems with his application at Hearts. Hopefully we can turn that around but I'm not overly optimistic on that front.

Regarding Loy, he's a decent forward player whom we bought off Killie at a reduced price (they weren't too happy). I think a relative of his is a member on here so maybe they could expand upon his positives.

Certainly he is one player doing well at the moment and he did arrive with a good pedigree.

I actually thought Velicka was a shrewd signing at the time, so I am a bit dissapointed with his input,or lack of,if you want to get a regular place in any team then the training ground is where you bust a gut to show you want in the team,same as any player,obviously he is not showing enough.