I love Nach he is a Gers legend,but i cant help wondering if this is because Spain hasnt picked him.

And,how would the racists of the Tartan Army react to this.

carldvelle.

So if you don't want a foreigner to play for your national team, you are a racist? Talk about PC going mad...

Hamish Husband must be on holiday - didn't expect this reply:

Tam Ferry, deputy spokesman for the Association of Tartan Army Clubs, said: "Every other country seems to have other nationalities playing for them, especially Brazilians, and he's a decent Spanish-born player, so why not?

"If George thinks he can fit into the team, then I don't see a problem.

"There will be a certain percentage of Scotland fans who will not be happy, those who want first-generation Scots only playing, but we have seen that other countries can be successful and if it is within the rules then why not?

"Thankfully there are a few Rangers players who still want to play for Scotland and Novo certainly gives us another attacking option."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2463031.0.scotland_a_possibility_for_novo_say_sfa.php

Get wee Nacho in the team. I think the only people who wouldnt be happy are the Celtic section of the support. Why not, if Deco can play for Portugal, then why cant Nacho play for us, i know not the same thing but why not.

Of course we'd rather have a team of scots but would you rather not qualify with a team of Scots or Qualify with a few quality additions who werent Scottish.

Id rather no-one took advantage of this but if others are, then we should follow in their path.

How about NOT qualifying while only having a few REAL Scots in the team.

I'd even rather we failed with proper Scots than succeeded with a load of impostors.

The Scotland team is about Scots, not immigrants. We have a club team for that who can play anyone but our national team should be sacrosanct or what is it all about?

It also allows us to gloss over the lack of talent coming through in our country which I think has to be addressed.

In the end Scotland will never be a force in world football by taking in other countries rejects. To me, it's demeaning to our national team.

I think other countries can use loop holes all they like, but we're Scotland, and proud of it.

We were actually the last country to adopt the grandparent rule, as until recently we only used the parent rule.

We also never used natralised players like England did with Barnes etc, and were therefore the "purest" team in the world.

Not only is that admirable, but shows the world we totally deserve our own team more than anyone, despite being part of a bigger country.

Sorry Cal we are not part of a bigger country, we are a partner in a union.:mad: