While it would be good to have him in the team from a football point of view, from a national point of view it would be completely wrong.

For me, the national team is for nationals otherwise it starts to get ridiculous.

Havent read this yet but sure he said something similar a while ago.

I cant see it ever happening tbh but am sure a lot of nations will utilise such a rule without even thinking twice.

I personally think it's wrong, to play for Scotland you should be Scottish, not just made it your home for a number of years. Are we shooting ourselves in the foot though?

While it would be good to have him in the team from a football point of view, from a national point of view it would be completely wrong.

For me, the national team is for nationals otherwise it starts to get ridiculous.

Agreed....next thing we know there would be transfers between national teams.

I think other countries can use loop holes all they like, but we're Scotland, and proud of it.

We were actually the last country to adopt the grandparent rule, as until recently we only used the parent rule.

We also never used natralised players like England did with Barnes etc, and were therefore the "purest" team in the world.

Not only is that admirable, but shows the world we totally deserve our own team more than anyone, despite being part of a bigger country.

We were actually the last country to adopt the grandparent rule, as until recently we only used the parent rule.

I'm all for it. So many of the players called up to the National squad in recent years have spent half their lives down in England. Now thanks to the 'grandparent' rule we've had players brought into the Scotland squad who have barely set foot in the country before.

I think Novo, having spent 8 years playing in Scotland, certainly qualifies and I for one would be delighted to see him represent our country. He's more than capable and has bags of experience compared to most call-ups. No doubt GB would prefer to have traitors like McGeady playing for him though :rolleyes:.