SFA vows to tackle 'Famine song'

Guest Jum Spence

The section of Rangers fans who sung that on Saturday were pathetic. So big, tough and smart of you!!

The young guy's only 17.

Cowards.

At what age should a player start to receive abuse? You can't not give a player abuse because of his age. If he's old enough to be on the park and pick up a wage then he is fair game as far as I'm concerned.

MF, spot on in your first post.

At what age should a player start to receive abuse? You can't not give a player abuse because of his age. If he's old enough to be on the park and pick up a wage then he is fair game as far as I'm concerned.

MF, spot on in your first post.

All I'm saying is why should he be subjected to the abuse he got on Saturday? OK, he chose to play for Ireland big fuckin' deal. I certainly won't lose any sleep over it.

At what stage do the moronic element of Rangers fans think it's OK and "cool" to sing these songs when the club, the SFA and UEFA all have a rifle pointing at us waiting on us taking a step out of line?

They're doing waaaaay more harm than good to our club but they're to thick to realise it.

Edited by Gazza_8

Gazza; it's football. Supporters will pick up on anything to slag off opposition players or fans.

The fact this Scottish lad turned down his own country to play for Ireland is seen as the ultimate plastic paddyism so the song is directed at him as a result.

Gazza; it's football. Supporters will pick up on anything to slag off opposition players or fans.

The fact this Scottish lad turned down his own country to play for Ireland is seen as the ultimate plastic paddyism so the song is directed at him as a result.

Frankie, you're spot on, it is only a game of football but some people are to warped to recognise this.

I don't think there anything warped about singing that song.

Is it tasteless? Aye, it probably is. But nothing more than that - certainly not racist or sectarian.

Nothing warped about the song but the peoples minds who continue to sing it after being asked and pleaded to stop singing it by the Bain, Murray and McCoist. What are they trying to prove?

The fans haven't been 'pleaded with' not to sing that song.

If anything, the club have given their tacit backing to it via Bain's statement a few weeks back where they highlighted the police's reluctance to comment officially, highlighted the accepted meaning of the song and highlighted the inconsistency of Rangers being the only team targeted.

All I'm saying is why should he be subjected to the abuse he got on Saturday? OK, he chose to play for Ireland big fuckin' deal. I certainly won't lose any sleep over it.

At what stage do the moronic element of Rangers fans think it's OK and "cool" to sing these songs when the club, the SFA and UEFA all have a rifle pointing at us waiting on us taking a step out of line?

They're doing waaaaay more harm than good to our club but they're to thick to realise it.

Abuse? A few songs. Hardly abuse.

Why shouldn't the fans sing it? Just because guys like Keevins describe it as "sectarian", or because John Reid has come out against it? Even the club have implied that people are using it to "pursue their own agendas".

Should we stop singing everything that Celtic fans complain about?

Abuse? A few songs. Hardly abuse.

Why shouldn't the fans sing it? Just because guys like Keevins describe it as "sectarian", or because John Reid has come out against it? Even the club have implied that people are using it to "pursue their own agendas".

Should we stop singing everything that Celtic fans complain about?

My view on the matter has nothing to do with John Reid or Spew Keevins.

I should just realise that the days are long gone when you actually sing songs relating to football at a football game these days but instead single out players to sing at when all they've done is choose to play for another country. WOW!