The New Advertising Hoardings...

I took my brother to the game lastnight and he was totally distracted by them. It was the first time he seen them. I find them pretty annoying on a whole and reckon they should be toned down a bit.

and did you know that directline do 10% off car insurance?

(Warning NRC)

Direct Line's insurance is already horrendously expensive so they can afford to give 10% off.

They advertise that they don't appear on comparison sites as they save us money by not giving it to middlemen. However, I tried them and their quote was TWICE that of the best one on confused.com. Seems to me they are not on there as they will be trounced by everyone else.

I don't think I'll be bothering in future to type in all my details a second time so they can give me a crap quote.

Comparison sites save the customer a hell of lot of time and effort, it seems to me only the dodgy companies want to avoid them, so they can dupe you into paying more.

You're right mate...

My existing home insurance provider quoted me �£400+ last week then couldn't understand why I told them I was cancelling because I could save nearly 50% going elsewhere (with better cover).

These price-comparison sites are superb for ensuring competition.