What Now for the Sectarian Songbook of Celtic Fans?

Celtic's pro-IRA chants were apparently at an all-time "high" at the Hearts game. Celtic didn't control their distribution of the tickets due to this ticket handling surcharge argument, so if the tickets have gone to people who don't regularly attend then the policy has come back and bit Celtic on the bum.

Not just C****c BD

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LOM2rx-NU-A]YouTube - Fans Charting[/ame]

Could someone post the actual words chanted/sang? It all very well stating they sang a certain song, but without the words the songs really can't be judged.

I see it as akin to Celtic fans spouting about Rangers singing sectarian bile at Ibrox and then point towards songs like Derry's Walls, The Sash and Rule Britannia - none of which actually contain sectarian words. But the more they say it, the more people just ignorantly believe these songs are evidence of sectarianism.

They even now use the term, "the Famine song" and keep alluding to a preconception that it is mocking the famine. That's why I prefer to call it the "Plastic Paddy song" as that is what it is actually mocking.

So what were the words, exactly?

Could someone post the actual words chanted/sang? It all very well stating they sang a certain song, but without the words the songs really can't be judged.

I see it as akin to Celtic fans spouting about Rangers singing sectarian bile at Ibrox and then point towards songs like Derry's Walls, The Sash and Rule Britannia - none of which actually contain sectarian words. But the more they say it, the more people just ignorantly believe these songs are evidence of sectarianism.

They even now use the term, "the Famine song" and keep alluding to a preconception that it is mocking the famine. That's why I prefer to call it the "Plastic Paddy song" as that is what it is actually mocking.

Sounds to me like, hullo hullo we are the gorgie boys, who shagged all the boys who shagged all the boys Celtic boys club, beasts beasts beasts

Thanks - have you got the words Celtic sang as well?
Usual ditties sang at Swinecastle same as every away day.Same old shite unfortunately,but it`ll never stop im afraid.Not even newsworthy tbh as it happens every other week.If the authorities are serious then ...although it would annoy me big style ,they need to deduct points ,ban away fans etc.This goes for your away support too:sigh: Over and above that though its not solely an o/f problem .Its also the same old pish at Swinecastle every time we go there

Perhaps Ricky can correct me but from the brief highlights I saw, I'm sure I heard the Merry Ploughboy with their "And I'm off to join the I.R.A." line, "Go home, ya huns" (but no Rangers in sight), and the James McGrory song with add-ons (IRA, FTQ).

Probably a lot more on top but I didn't see much of the game.

Perhaps Ricky can correct me but from the brief highlights I saw, I'm sure I heard the Merry Ploughboy with their "And I'm off to join the I.R.A." line, "Go home, ya huns" (but no Rangers in sight), and the James McGrory song with add-ons (IRA, FTQ).

Probably a lot more on top but I didn't see much of the game.

Cant deny that these and others were sung:ffs: Generally the add ons do get shouted down,and you get the odd shouting match with regards to that.As i said every away day is the same