The Sun reports on Celtic Fans' Poppy Protest

And the point would be why did the good doktor not tell the police to do their job and arrest them for singing songs glorifying terrorism, as it is against the law, and an arrestable offence.
Im not going to stick up for John Reid and neither am i going to back supporters singing PIRA songs..its never been my cup of tea ,but, people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones .Singing songs in support of the various Loyalist paramilitary organisations is no better than singing pro PIRA songs,or maybe you disagree?Perhaps these songs are not sung at Rangers games any more??

The 36th (Ulster) Division was a division of Lord Kitchener's New Army formed in September 1914. It was originally called the Ulster Division.

The 36th were one of the few divisions to make significant gains on the first day on the Somme.

During the Battle of the Somme the Ulster Division was the only division of X Corps to have achieved its objectives on the opening day of the battle. This came at a heavy price, with the division suffering in two days of fighting, 5,500 officers and men, killed, wounded or missing.

War correspondent Philip Gibbs said of the Division, "Their attack was one of the finest displays of human courage in the world."

In total nine members of the 36th Division were awarded the Victoria Cross.

Im not going to stick up for John Reid and neither am i going to back supporters singing PIRA songs..its never been my cup of tea ,but, people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones .Singing songs in support of the various Loyalist paramilitary organisations is no better than singing pro PIRA songs,or maybe you disagree?Perhaps these songs are not sung at Rangers games any more??

Not by anyone i know.

And probably not by any majority or even much of a minority. Therefore, i feel we DO have the right to comment on their dispicable acts of evil.

I've never sang about Loyalist groups therefore i, and many more Rangers fan are free to condemn these people.

You know this is a Rangers Forum.

I am glad you agree with me that they should be arrested.

Chairman Reid has a phd in history don't you think with his knowledge, and service in politics he would be able to help his fellow supporters to differentiate right from wrong.

Mabye he has a problem as a mr george galloway is on record as saying he taught him all the i ran away songs.

to highjack one of the most sombre days that most of the world stops for a minute to reflect on those who gave their lives for countless countries to make a political point is an utter disgrace.

you cant get any fucking lower in my eyes.

Chairman Reid has a phd in history don't you think with his knowledge, and service in politics he would be able to help his fellow supporters to differentiate right from wrong.

Mabye he has a problem as a mr george galloway is on record as saying he taught him all the i ran away songs.

On Wednesday over the 90 minutes approx 35/40 people were ejected from CP ,all from the area occupied by the Green Brigade.Any sympathy that they may have received from fellow fans has well and truly diminished through their actions on Saturday.I dont want football sanitised ,but as stated in previous threads i attend with my son ,and i want him to love Celtic and the footaball ...not the political/sectarian shite.It comes from both sets of fans and thats a fact

Oh and George Galloway...what a fuckin bunnet

On Wednesday over the 90 minutes approx 35/40 people were ejected from CP ,all from the area occupied by the Green Brigade.Any sympathy that they may have received from fellow fans has well and truly diminished through their actions on Saturday.I dont want football sanitised ,but as stated in previous threads i attend with my son ,and i want him to love Celtic and the footaball ...not the political/sectarian shite.It comes from both sets of fans and thats a fact

So it's OK for the Green Brigade to bring in IRA banners, but if they do something that creates a bit of publicity by walking out then they get ejected.

Am I right in saying that the club are DENYING that the ejections are nothing to do with the walk-out and subsequent singing in support of sectarian terrorist organisations?

And I am right in saying that the minute's silence was announced as being for the Celtic players who died during the war and not the army in general? (I'm not sure about this)

The political/sectarian side at celtic comes as much from the club itself as the supporters (and that's a fact) with the playing of provocative Irish tunes that refer to "rebelling against the crown", the reluctance to flying the Union Flag, the statements by Lawwell and Reid etc. Even its published web address refuses to have "uk" in it.