He helped take St Mirren to the title and promotion, where they've done ok since.

Maybe his level IS at a lesser SPL club, but as one of their best players he's a typical candidate for playing for the Old Firm - especially at 20 years old. Gow was also a candidate but took a lot longer to get noticed.

Adam fits a similar profile as purchases such as Boyd, Naismith, Whittaker, Thomson and Gow.

Only Thomson is universally accepted allow he has gone through a few dodgy patches with the fans.

You're now accepting that his standard is at a lesser SPL club. So why is he still getting a game for Rangers, a team who should be winning the league every season or at least challenging every season. The sooner he's moved on the better.

When we signed Gow, I remember howls of derision and cries of lack of ambition.

Whereas Adam was having a great season for St Mirren and people were genuinely enthused by him. It could be the fact he was only 19 (compared to Gow being what 24?) at the time - and you know how fans get excited by a promising teenager...

He has also kept the interest of 3 Rangers managers.

I personally don't think he's really making the grade but find the excessive criticism somewhat ironic.

The cries of derision were not aimed at Gow but at the management. And those cries were not unanimous - I actually recall plenty who felt Gow would be a decent addition to the squad - your recollection and mine are certainly differing in that regard.

As Gav says, when Adam was having a "great season" it was in the first division and not in the top flight - whilst Adam was doing that Alan Gow was having the most goal assists in the SPL - no mean feat for a guy playing with a lesser team.

My recollection of Adam wasnt one of genuine enthusiasm - maybe many others were - I wanted him to get a chance of course because there is nothing better than bringing your own talent through and watching them develop.

I don't think he is making the grade either and he, too often, looks for the "hollywood ball" as someone put it, rather than taking the easy, preferred option. His tackling is also pretty appalling - the way he shapes to tackle a guy he gives the opponent options of where to play the ball. Do I think he CAN make the grade ? Yep. But he has a LOT of developing to do for that. He should be taking a note of what Boyd has been doing to show him how hard work and listening can improve him as a player.

What is sadder as a Rangers fan though is that we have a plethora of left sided midfielders and they all are considerably under-whelming.

I think it is a bit of a push to suggest that Adam "showed far more promise than Gow".

What is sadder as a Rangers fan though is that we have a plethora of left sided midfielders and they all are considerably under-whelming.

The problem is that we don't have a decent option for LM in all honesty. Of our options, what we need to decide is who is least crap. That's my honest assessment of our LM options.

Depending on if he's needed elsewher (e.g covering Davis at RM) I think Novo is arguably our best option, followed by Adam. McCulloch looks to now be CB back up and Beasley does not deserve to be anywhere near the team atm.

If we had an Albertz or a Gio for left mid then Adam, wouldn't get a look in. Truth is, in the current squad, he's one of the better bets.

When we signed Gow, I remember howls of derision and cries of lack of ambition.

Whereas Adam was having a great season for St Mirren and people were genuinely enthused by him. It could be the fact he was only 19 (compared to Gow being what 24?) at the time - and you know how fans get excited by a promising teenager...

He has also kept the interest of 3 Rangers managers.

I personally don't think he's really making the grade but find the excessive criticism somewhat ironic.

I think the difference was Adam wasnt being signed, he was a youth prospect and fans normally want to see there own first, and he was going well in Div 1 (his level).

With Gow, we seemed un-ambitious signing Falkirk players, while at the time Celtic were taking Gravesen from R Madrid (albeit it he turned out to be a bad sigining).

As said earlier, the level of players such as the likes of Adams, Boyd, Burke etc are why we havent won the title for 3.5 years IMO