WS - a truly awful tactician

His fault we struggle to win away from home and play the style of football we play.

Coming back for a 2nd stint in charge as manager was a huge mistake. The fans will now remember him for his time in charge during his 2nd stint in charge which is a huge shame but by constantly playing people out of position he's bringing the whole mess on himself.

I wish he'd just fuck off right now!

But whats baffling is he seemed to get tactics spot on with Scotland.

I dont think its so much his thoughts on tactics, its more his loyality to shite players and his defensive approach, also the fear of taking attacking gambles by unleashing Fleck, Aaron and Novo upfront.

I mean putting Burke on against Hearts ahead of Edu, Aaron or Novo!! :box: Burke gets blown on off the ball, what was he going to do in a match like that!

I dont think it would have mattered who WS put into that game on Saturday we would have lost. I would have put Novo on first but can't agree with either Aaron or Edu. We were chasing the game and Edu is a defensive midfielder so not the type of player you want to bring on when chasing and I am pretty sure that throwing Aaron into that game when we were being outplayed and outfought by Hearts wouldn't have been the right time to bring him in.

Sadly Burke was probably the best bet behind Novo. But why he went with Burke before Novo is beyond me.

I dont think it would have mattered who WS put into that game on Saturday we would have lost. I would have put Novo on first but can't agree with either Aaron or Edu. We were chasing the game and Edu is a defensive midfielder so not the type of player you want to bring on when chasing and I am pretty sure that throwing Aaron into that game when we were being outplayed and outfought by Hearts wouldn't have been the right time to bring him in.

Sadly Burke was probably the best bet behind Novo. But why he went with Burke before Novo is beyond me.

Disagree with that craig i would say there is no better time. Things couldn't get any worse.

Disagree with that craig i would say there is no better time. Things couldn't get any worse.

But pete, we are using hindsight - we dont know, and never will, if he would have done a better job than Burke.

Maybe things couldn't get worse but, from WS perspective, he was looking to get a goal to get us back on terms - I just dont think if I were manager I would have thrown a young guy from a technical, less physical league, into that type of game. And I say this as someone who wants Aaron to get playing time.

I stand by what I said though, I dont think that it was the appropriate time to bring an 18 yr old into the game when we were chasing.

All about opinions I guess.

WS is a lot happier setting a team up as he did with Scotland, defensive and trying not to lose goals. Just as he did with Rangers in Europe last season, in fact he is very good with this set-up. You could ask why, after the 'almost' most successful season ever, he decided to change.

WS is a lot happier setting a team up as he did with Scotland, defensive and trying not to lose goals. Just as he did with Rangers in Europe last season, in fact he is very good with this set-up. You could ask why, after the 'almost' most successful season ever, he decided to change.

Its quite simple, smiths brand of football last season wasnt worth watching and if it wasnt for the fact that most of us have season books we wouldnt have bothered to turn up.

In saying that if the current rangers team turned up in my back garden id sell my house (with the curtains closed).

Its quite simple, smiths brand of football last season wasnt worth watching and if it wasnt for the fact that most of us have season books we wouldnt have bothered to turn up.

In saying that if the current rangers team turned up in my back garden id sell my house (with the curtains closed).

That begs the question, would you rather have the SPL title or the team playing good football. With the manager we have, I'm not sure we can do both.

That begs the question, would you rather have the SPL title or the team playing good football. With the manager we have, I'm not sure we can do both.

at the moment we have neither but as a rangers supporter i expect the standard of football to be far better than it is given the amount of money that smith has spent.

He blew the league last season by picking underachievers and its the same players who are dragging us down this time round too. We have the personel to do far better but smith hasnt got a clue when it comes to team selection and tactics.

If hes still here next season then im cancelling my season book. And i wont be back till hes gone.