This picture is borrowed from another forum - can any of the posters remember the days when the MOPES were housed in the West Enclosure, West of Main Stand, Broomie and a section of the Govan?

Or when we were housed in the jungle, Rangers End and part of the main stand at Parkhead? Back in the day, the grounds were basically split 50-50 for Old Firm games.

I can remember being in the Main Stand at Parkhead (Davie Cooper scored with a HEADER) and can remember the days of them getting half of Ibrox. Can't remember getting part of the jungle, but my old can.

rangersandcelticfansintxv3.th.jpg

PS - another example of how our scarves SHOULD be displayed :rfc:

Cammy F - Old Skool Loyal RSC

Yeah, I remember when they got a lot more of the ground. When did that stop? Early 80s?

Yeah, think it stopped around the time Souness took over. I started going regularly in the early 80's (1982-83 season) and can remember them being in the West Enclosure, West Main Stand, Broomie and part of the Govan. In fact, at the rear of the enclosure, you were only seperated from the MOPES by a line of cops :devil:

Can only ever remember getting the Rangers end and part of the Main Stand at Parkhead and was only in the main stand once.

Cammy F

It obviously all to do with the massive increase in season tickets. That has also increased average attendances no end. Back in the 80's despite filling up for OF games, I think we averaged around 27k so season tickets have been a pretty good way to go.

But when you have a 50k stadium, and 45k season tickets, you can only give a few thousand seats to the opposition, no matter who they are.

Celtic increased their seasons by selling extra tickets that weren't valid for OF games. There was an outcry but it's perfectly logical. You have to give a minimum number of tickets to the opposition but most don't take them up - but the OF do. You therefore either have to not sell those seats as seasons or do what Celtic did.

I think Rangers do the same now.

But basically there are a lot more people going to the games and paying a lot more for the privilege - which is probably why we're a lot harder to please.

the picture is quite deceiving, the tunnel is in the middle of the fans......

Yes, but at the rear of the enclosure(s), there was only ever a line of cops seperating the fans.......

Cammy F

Yes, but at the rear of the enclosure(s), there was only ever a line of cops seperating the fans.......

Cammy F

You are correct m8, i do remember that far back, i was too young to drink when I first went though maybe that's why :rfc:

The picture does look like they are right next to each other though.....

I remember them having the west enclosure in the late 80s, during the season we beat them 5-1 and 4-1 at Ibrox. That was near the last season they had it.

The terrace we got in the old Parkhead must have been near 12,000.

It would make the atmosphere at OF games much better if we got the hole stand behind the goal but that would be near 15,000 so we would have to give them the same at Ibrox.

Thats another reason we need a 70,000 Hampden for when we play them in cup finals. The more fans split the better. Currently we get about 18,000 each with 15,000 going to corporate and media :brick: